Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kernelOfTruth
    replied
    yeah it appears way more unstable than the old version - it just crashed after it automatically ended an attempted conference call

anyone know btw how to show the keypad / numbers during a call (needed for conference calls) ? can't seem to find it (did they forget it ? )

how to activate ?

thanks !

Leave a comment:

• droste
    replied
    Originally posted by FunkyM View Post
    It's very unstable as I am getting a lot of crashes under openSUSE 12.1 with that new chat view...
    It works fine here (openSUSE 12.2). Probably a library issue. You could try using the statically linked version.

Edit:
    I just realized that there is no statically linked version... Soooo bad luck

Leave a comment:

• Vincenzov
    replied
    hi, can be activated 2 simultaneously skype ?
    thanks

Leave a comment:

• FunkyM
    replied
    Unstable

While it is nice something is "happening" around Skype, my experience running 4.0 so far is bad.
    It's very unstable as I am getting a lot of crashes under openSUSE 12.1 with that new chat view...

Going back to earlier release...
    Last edited by FunkyM; 15 June 2012, 10:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• dotancohen
    replied
    Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
    This is great, I intend to follow you up on that offer =)
    The area where I've seen huge issues is in math formulas. It's quite hard to use LibreOffice/OpenOffice at university when stupid teachers distribute docx-documents, and refuse to use PDF instead. I've been forced to open them in MS Office, and then export them as PDF, to be able to view them.
    What is the best place to report compatibility issues? The ordinary LibreOffice bug database?
    EDIT: Stupid question. Of course it's the best place, hehe...
    Yes, just file regular bug reports but be sure to attach both the affected document and a PDF of the properly-rendered document.

Leave a comment:

• dotancohen
    replied
    Originally posted by Temar View Post
    I see what I can do. These are customer documents and I have to get clearance from my superiors to send them to you. Maybe I get the permission to clean up some of them and send them to you. May take a few days though.
    Great. The invitation goes for everybody: send your MS Office documents that don't render properly in LO or AOO to me at<myPhoronixUsername>@gmail.com. Include an image or PDF of the properly-rendered document. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Azpegath
    replied
    Originally posted by dotancohen View Post
    Please remove sensitive information and send to me those documents so that I can help bring LO and AOO up to date. If we don't have real-world test documents, then nothing can be fixed.

Also include a PDF or PNG of the properly-rendered document to show what it should look like! You can send them to <myPhoronixUsername>@gmail.com. Thanks!
    This is great, I intend to follow you up on that offer =)
    The area where I've seen huge issues is in math formulas. It's quite hard to use LibreOffice/OpenOffice at university when stupid teachers distribute docx-documents, and refuse to use PDF instead. I've been forced to open them in MS Office, and then export them as PDF, to be able to view them.
    What is the best place to report compatibility issues? The ordinary LibreOffice bug database?
    EDIT: Stupid question. Of course it's the best place, hehe...

Leave a comment:

• Azpegath
    replied
    Originally posted by vertex2 View Post
    Relax, both of you. This is a full native version and nowhere was it suggested that this version has advertisements. Why don't you try it first before you jump to the default conclusion that MS is screwing everyone over.
    But what would happen with all the FUD then?

Leave a comment:

• Luke_Wolf
    replied
    What I have to ask is why do they have 3+ separate codebases anyway? My understanding was that Skype uses Qt on all platforms, so given that... then outside of a few bits of platform specific code which I can't imagine would be all that much if they used Phonon or QtMultimedia, QtNetwork, and it's obviously going to be using QtGui or QtQuick..

Not that I want the ads or UI that come with the windows version, but it just seems like a lot of developer time and effort is being wasted on their part for going against the spirit of Qt and doing what they are, or at least what they appear to be doing anyway...

Leave a comment:

• Temar
    replied
    Originally posted by dotancohen View Post
    Please remove sensitive information and send to me those documents so that I can help bring LO and AOO up to date. If we don't have real-world test documents, then nothing can be fixed.

Also include a PDF or PNG of the properly-rendered document to show what it should look like! You can send them to <myPhoronixUsername>@gmail.com. Thanks!
    I see what I can do. These are customer documents and I have to get clearance from my superiors to send them to you. Maybe I get the permission to clean up some of them and send them to you. May take a few days though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X