X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pitmairen
    replied
    Originally posted by icek View Post
    No problems here. I can play 1080p fullscreen videos from youtube. I have ATI 3200HD with OSS drivers running
    Same here, ATI 3200HD with OSS drivers, everything is very smooth and no tearing.

Leave a comment:

• gedgon
    replied
    Originally posted by Alejandro Nova View Post
    No. You have severe driver issues and you need to complain to AMD, or buy an NVIDIA card, for that matter. I'm certain that Flash Player isn't working with acceleration here, because I have a GeForce 6150 with no VDPAU support, a processor that's less than half of yours (TurionX2 from almost 4 years ago) and I can play 720p video smoothly (with a small frame loss, no stuttering) with my computer.
    It is software RENDERED, even with nvidia card in flash 11. http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...832#post222832

Leave a comment:

• Alejandro Nova
    replied
    Originally posted by ChrisXY View Post
    Can you get an Archlinux test system too, please?
    Beause, no it isn't faster. It's still horrible as the beta 1. With horrible I mean, watching a low resolution video is not working fluently on an i5 480M@2,9GHz with HD 6550 on fglrx. Extreme tearing and large stutters. I think it renders everything in Software and draws everything to screen with no hardware acceleration whatsoever.

Makes me wonder whether it loads some libraries dynamically on your Ubuntu or whatever you test it on.
    No. You have severe driver issues and you need to complain to AMD, or buy an NVIDIA card, for that matter. I'm certain that Flash Player isn't working with acceleration here, because I have a GeForce 6150 with no VDPAU support, a processor that's less than half of yours (TurionX2 from almost 4 years ago) and I can play 720p video smoothly (with a small frame loss, no stuttering) with my computer.

Leave a comment:

• julakali
    replied
    I have to correct myself.
    Using flash 10.3, video rendering is accelerated in fullscreen mode.
    And with no (or maybe little) tearing.

Leave a comment:

• julakali
    replied
    With ati binary 11.7 on a 64bit gentoo, i have software video decoding and software rendering in both Flash 10.3 and 11 beta 2.
    No way to get it to do anything on the graphics card.
    It's also hard to get out of fullscreen mode in youtube (alt+tab does the trick sometimes).

How did you enable ANY kind of flash acceleration using the ati-drivers?

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    Originally posted by RealNC View Post
    The Ctrl+PrnScrn (or Alt+PrnScrn) thingy that was there (since the Windows 95 days, even) long before compositors even existed. Unless with "screen shot" you would mean shooting your screen with a shotgun :-P
    Ahh, yes. That's not real useful at the best of times... never captured video overlay, hw cursor, or any of the other cool GPU functions.

Shotguns usually result in display distortion that's a lot worse than tearing

Leave a comment:

• RealNC
    replied
    Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    Hold on, when you say "screen shot" are you talking about a frame buffer grab ? If so I agree completely, but that's not what I would call a screen shot.
    The Ctrl+PrnScrn (or Alt+PrnScrn) thingy that was there (since the Windows 95 days, even) long before compositors even existed. Unless with "screen shot" you would mean shooting your screen with a shotgun :-P

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    Originally posted by RealNC View Post
    No, they didn't. They can only take pictures of it or try to recreate it artificially in the screenshots in order to explain to the readers what tearing is.

A screenshot can only capture whatever data is in the video RAM, not what the monitor is displaying at the moment. You cannot capture data that doesn't exist anymore. Tearing occurs exactly because the monitor is still displaying data that isn't there any longer (bottom) together with data that still exists (top). The "line" separating those two results in the tearing effect, and can never, ever, be captured by software running on the machine.
    Hold on, when you say "screen shot" are you talking about a frame buffer grab ? If so I agree completely, but that's not what I would call a screen shot.

Leave a comment:

• curaga
    replied
    That I do not know Unless something is drawing single-buffered.

Leave a comment:

• RealNC
    replied
    Originally posted by curaga View Post
    Counterpoint: fglrx video tearing w/ xvideo and no compositor. That appears in a lot of screenshots here in phoronix.
    Counter-counter-point: Explain to me how screenshots can have tearing if there's no compositor. The most probable explanation is that they hadn't disabled compositing as they thought.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X