GIMP 2.7.2 Arrives, But Still Far From Belated GIMP 2.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
    change the name, focus more toward professional standards, and work diligently on the blatant problems.
    Like proper transform tools, with preferably a free transform tool, and 16-bit/channel color support would be nice for starters.

Comment

Originally posted by yotambien View Post
      That's simply obscene, especially in the current economical climate. You are lost politically.
      yes it is obscene and thats exactly what is happening. thanks to obama being elected, white people are losing jobs because companies are required to have diversity over qualification. there are more people on welfare than ever before; the middle and uppper middle class are the ones really paying for that. certain states like massachusetts and california are simply trying to take away the 2nd amendment entirely, which is unconstitutional. many states FORCE people to pay car insurance. people are getting free health care when everyone else is paying for it. obama is also acting like $4 a gallon for gas is a good price. well guess what - not everyone is filthy rich.

you can't just simply say this stuff isn't happening when people's live are being ruined because of it, so please explain how i am politically lost. there was a reason i brought it up in the first place, which WAS completely relevant to this topic but now its just a political debate which does not belong on these forums.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
        yes it is obscene and thats exactly what is happening. thanks to obama being elected, white people are losing jobs because companies are required to have diversity over qualification. there are more people on welfare than ever before; the middle and uppper middle class are the ones really paying for that. certain states like massachusetts and california are simply trying to take away the 2nd amendment entirely, which is unconstitutional. many states FORCE people to pay car insurance. people are getting free health care when everyone else is paying for it. obama is also acting like $4 a gallon for gas is a good price. well guess what - not everyone is filthy rich.

you can't just simply say this stuff isn't happening when people's live are being ruined because of it, so please explain how i am politically lost. there was a reason i brought it up in the first place, which WAS completely relevant to this topic but now its just a political debate which does not belong on these forums.
        That was incredibly silly! ^______^ We should probably return to the topic at hand.

Comment

schmidtbag, I don't know what is your problem. Maybe you have been raised in a very reactionary environment, or maybe you have never lived in another country so you lack some references, or maybe you are just getting the news from the wrong channels and with the crisis you blame who you are told to blame. It doesn't really matter, only you yourself can get out of that hole by looking information up. There is no point in arguing about anything, there is far too much disconnection between us.

I appreciate the civility of your posts though, others would be screaming by now.

Comment

Originally posted by yotambien View Post
            schmidtbag, I don't know what is your problem. Maybe you have been raised in a very reactionary environment, or maybe you have never lived in another country so you lack some references, or maybe you are just getting the news from the wrong channels and with the crisis you blame who you are told to blame. It doesn't really matter, only you yourself can get out of that hole by looking information up. There is no point in arguing about anything, there is far too much disconnection between us.

I appreciate the civility of your posts though, others would be screaming by now.
            i still want to know exactly how you think i'm wrong. most of the problems i mentioned don't directly affect me at all. in fact the only one that affects me as an individual is the forced car insurance. i'm not even looking up this information, i'm told about this as NEWS from the radio, the paper, the internet, and other people. you're acting like these issues have either been around for centuries, aren't a big deal, or don't exist. i'm aware this is an extreme comparison, but thats like denying the holocaust - you can't just simply say people's problems didn't happen just because you personally aren't affected. i'm in my 20s and even i see the significant changes that have happened since bush was elected, even though me and most people i know aren't directly affected. the economy is bad for a reason. oil/gas prices is only some of it.

as for my civility, it would be hypocritical of me to simply "yell" or curse about my disagreement with you and ryanpg, and would really just be a power struggle. i would have to admit that i am confused to the point of frustration about your current point of view, because you haven't made that clear yet.

Comment

To be continued in private. Off-topic is OK only when it's fun

Comment

I'm not a native English speaker and while I've found most of this thread fascinating, I couldn't understand what it was all about. GIMP means absolutely nothing for non-English speakers and for what I've gathered, not a lot to most native English speakers either. So I went to the logical place and got this:

(1) a derrogatory term for someone that is disabled or has a medicial problem that results in physical impairment. (2) An insult implying that someone is incompetent, stupid, etc. Can also be used to imply that the person is uncool or can't/won't do what everyone else is doing. (3) A sex slave or submissive, usually male, as popularlized by the movie Pulp Fiction.

Jesus Christ!!! If only 10% of the English speaking population is aware of the slang meanings of the word, they should definitely think about some change. Not that I'm offended (on the contrary, I'm what Americans would call a "liberal" -or even something "worse"- and I find it funny) but the slang meanings are just too amateurish and acronyms are too geeky. If they want to be taken seriously by artists and studios that name is definitely not a good idea. But do they want that...?

This application is developed by two men and a half () and I can only praise them for the good work. They're not good PR guys, that's for sure. They don't probably give a rat's ass about all this controversy on a name. Like someone suggested already, I think some studio might pick up the source and put a couple or more developers to work on it full time and fork it (if the original developers won't take suggestions on a better name and general public perception of the software; otherwise they might still collaborate). That's Cinepaint, AFAIK, and hasn't gone very far...

Maybe the Blender guys should think about taking care and forking the GIMP. They do know a word or two about open source and PR and they have done a pretty good job with their 3D application.

Comment

Working...
                X