• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanL
    replied
    Originally posted by curaga View Post
    Good riddance.
    Yeah, I'm tired of seeing songbird segfault issues.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Sixpack
    replied
    Originally posted by spidernik84 View Post
    Guayadeque and Exaile are good amarok clones. I discovered the former, and it's quite feature rich, probably the closest to Amarok.

Both are GTK players
    Didn't the equalizer in Exaile get broken with the last GStreamer update?

Leave a comment:

• DeepDayze
    replied
    Originally posted by kgonzales View Post
    Amarok is KDE based... non-starter for me. Audacious looks promising. Thx.
    oh what desktop you use? Gnome?

Leave a comment:

• kgonzales
    replied
    Originally posted by DeepDayze View Post
    The equalizer is quite usable for me in amarok...also Audacious has it too
    Amarok is KDE based... non-starter for me. Audacious looks promising. Thx.

Leave a comment:

• monraaf
    replied
    Originally posted by spidernik84 View Post
    Guayadeque and Exaile are good amarok clones. I discovered the former, and it's quite feature rich, probably the closest to Amarok.
    Both are GTK players.
    Guayadeque, or however you spell it, let alone pronounce it... would be quit a nice player if it were a GTK application. But it's not, it's a wxWidgets app and unfortunately looks totally out of place on Lucid. I'll stick to Rhythmbox.

Leave a comment:

• spidernik84
    replied
    Both are GTK players.

Songbird's devs choice is a bad one indeed, but i honestly admit it's not that big loss. A promising player, but nevertheless a resource hungry behemoth just to play a bunch of songs. No way. Farewell Songbird.

Leave a comment:

• DeepDayze
    replied
    Originally posted by kraftman View Post
    Amarok 2.3.0 has equalizer probably for the first time in 2.x series, but if it's good enough? I don't know. Maybe you could give it a try.
    The equalizer is quite usable for me in amarok...also Audacious has it too

Leave a comment:

• kraftman
    replied
    Originally posted by kgonzales View Post
    The last decent music player was XMMS. No Linux music player I have tried since XMMS has had a reasonably good equalizer and pre-amp support.
    Amarok 2.3.0 has equalizer probably for the first time in 2.x series, but if it's good enough? I don't know. Maybe you could give it a try.

Leave a comment:

• liam
    replied
    No Banshee love?

As long as you don't fear your passwords being sent to MS (don't worry, they've said they won't use them as long as you don't publicly trash MS), it's a nice music management system, though Songbird's Genius workalike plugin was the best I've seen.

Leave a comment:

• DeepDayze
    replied
    Originally posted by kraftman View Post
    It should die Amarok 2 rocks.
    This...and amarok's getting better and better with each release. If I want something light I'd use Audacious, but amarok's the one. Songbird is rather kludgy and hopefully the Lyrebird fork will fix the interface and usability problems.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X