Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• misiu_mp
    replied
    What I fail to understand is why, it being based on open-source, portable components, they decided that the linux port will not be developed and some new features might not be implemented for linux. Am I wrong to thing that mozilla xul, gstreamer and all are easly portable? How much platform-specific code do they have? Why do they intend to add more platform-specific code (as apparent from their statement that some new features might not be there for linux at all)?

Leave a comment:

• NeoBrain
    replied
    Originally posted by mcgreg View Post
    Actually, Amarok 1 rocks. Amarok 2 is still like years behind Amarok 1
    Let's start a flamewar about this
    Anyway, Amarok rocks. Be it 1 or 2, they're both good enough for me now :P

Leave a comment:

• yoshi314
    replied
    i tried it around initial linux release and it was a bit too much of a kitchen sink for me. slow, big, difficult.

i pretty much forgot about the app already. i prefer simpler audio playback solutions, like mpd

Leave a comment:

• mcgreg
    replied
    Originally posted by kraftman View Post
    It should die Amarok 2 rocks.
    Actually, Amarok 1 rocks. Amarok 2 is still like years behind Amarok 1

Leave a comment:

• Silverthorn
    replied
    Originally posted by cl333r View Post
    +1, Songbird was no good, it also had the slow startup typical for mozilla based stuff.
    There's no really good music player for Gnome currently (like Amarok), only a few "almost good enogh" ones.
    Couldn't agree more. It makes me want to create my own music player just to get a player which I could be happy with.

Leave a comment:

• cl333r
    replied
    +1, Songbird was no good, it also had the slow startup typical for mozilla based stuff.
    There's no really good music player for Gnome currently (like Amarok), only a few "almost good enogh" ones.

Leave a comment:

• kraftman
    replied
    It should die Amarok 2 rocks.

Leave a comment:

• lem79
    replied
    Doesn't Songbird modify your files without you knowing? I vaguely recall something audiophile/data-integrity related (possibly torrents) that discouraged the use of Songbird. If that's the case, then:

And nothing of value was lost.

(MPD + Sonata user here)

Leave a comment:

• Zhick
    replied
    Well, it was crap anyway. At least it was the last time I tried, which admittedly was quite a while ago and on Windows.

Leave a comment:

• Pfanne
    replied
    i tried it once.
    i couldnt figure out how to configure hotkeys.
    -> sudo apt-get remove

Leave a comment:

Working...
X