No announcement yet.

GNOME Took In $556k Last Year While Spending $675.9k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seriously? Again, what are they doing with the money?

Comment

Originally posted by felipec View Post

So what? When I went to file the bug report there was one already there. So what?
      So you got told to fuck off.

The regression remained there for many years,
      Why did it take you so long to fix it if it was so important?
      even though I provided a perfect solution many years ago.
      If you mean the patch that starts
      I know you don't care about breaking user experience blah blah blah
      You doomed yourself from there, they hung up the phone after your first sentence and told you where to go.

They dont work for you. They are not obliged to do work for you, least of all wrestle with a patch by someone who is incapable of even writing a description of what the patch does, how it works, what the side effects are and what else will need doing.

Comment

Originally posted by qarium View Post
        i mean they also do CLA-WAR
        I tried to google these two acronyms and both of the together but there doesn't seem to be any combination that makes sense.

Certified Linux Administrator - We Are Right?

Comment

Originally posted by anda_skoa View Post
          I tried to google these two acronyms and both of the together but there doesn't seem to be any combination that makes sense.
          Certified Linux Administrator - We Are Right?
          ... so you clearly are not in the field... because CLA is well known...

it means the software license input is different than the software license output means open-source comes in and closed source comes out.

Find out how Red Hatters participate in open source development and innovation, supported by the Red Hat Open Source Program Office.

CLA means: contributor license agreement (CLA)

and CLA-WAR means that bad/evil players like KDE/QT lure developers in to steal their code and sell it as closed source to companies like microsoft/sony/apple...
          Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

... so you clearly are not in the field... because CLA is well known...
            There are always multiple possible combination of three words for any given context.

it means the software license input is different than the software license output means open-source comes in and closed source comes out.
            And how would that apply to KDE?
            Free software comes in, Free software comes out.

CLA means: contributor license agreement (CLA)
            Then this makes even less sense since KDE does not have any such license.

and CLA-WAR means that bad/evil players like KDE/QT lure developers in to steal their code and sell it as closed source to companies like microsoft/sony/apple...
            You haven't explained yet what WAR is the abbreviation of, but since you are already wrong about the CLA it doubt it has much relevance either

Comment

There are always multiple possible combination of three words for any given context.
              And how would that apply to KDE?
              Free software comes in, Free software comes out.
              Then this makes even less sense since KDE does not have any such license.
              CLA is not a license thats why KDE can not have such a license.

You haven't explained yet what WAR is the abbreviation of, but since you are already wrong about the CLA it doubt it has much relevance either
              and i am wrong about CLA in what meaning ? because you show that you do not unterstand you think CLA is a license and this is clearly wrong.

war means if one country goes to war with another country many peolpe die.

CLA-WAR means entities like microsoft use QT to steal the intellectual property of open-source developers to then turn it into closed source and sell it in the microsoft app store or sony playstation app store.

Gnome does not do CLA-WAR means if open-source license at the input then the only output is also open-source.

Comment

and i am wrong about CLA in what meaning ?
                Actually sign everything over to Nokia, didn't know that

Comment

Originally posted by mSparks View Post
                  Actually sign everything over to Nokia, didn't know that
                  https://kde.org/community/whatiskde/...eement-1-1.pdf
                  you know that there is no Nokia anymore its MIcrosoft....

yes most people plain and simple do not know that.

it really means that anyone who sends git patches to QT more or less indirectly finance Microsoft because Microsoft turns it into closed source software for xbox and microsoft windows and azure cloud and so one.

no sane developer would ever do this... thats the reason why all the sane people are on gnome and COSMIC

Comment

I obviously meant license agreement.

and i am wrong about CLA in what meaning ?
                    That KDE has one. They don't.

war means if one country goes to war with another country many peolpe die.
                    And how on Earth is that related to CLA-WAR?

Since CLA is a three letter acronym, WAR must be one as well.
                    Otherwise you would have written CLA-war.

CLA-WAR means entities like microsoft use QT to steal the intellectual property of open-source developers to then turn it into closed source and sell it in the microsoft app store or sony playstation app store.
                    How would entities like Microsoft do that?
                    Even if they use Qt for whatever application they would not be "stealing" any intellectual property of open-source developers.

Gnome does not do CLA-WAR means if open-source license at the input then the only output is also open-source.
                    Same for KDE.
                    Most of their contributors choose a Copyleft license such as GPL or LGPL for their code.

BSD or MIT licenses are accepted as far as I know, but rarely chosen because most developers want changes to be made public as well.

Comment

you know that there is no Nokia anymore its MIcrosoft....
                      Ah, I see the source of your confusion.

When Nokia sold their handset (phone) business to Microsoft they might have granted them a license to use Qt, but they retained Qt as part of their own business.

Nowadays the Qt business is its own company, aptly named The Qt Company.
                      Subsidiary of Finnish IT consultancy Digia

Comment

Working...
                      X