GNOME Took In $556k Last Year While Spending $675.9k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mSparks View Post

You have a 4 year old bug report for it?
    Yes. Go read.

Comment

Originally posted by felipec View Post

Yes. Go read.
      Oh look, you didnt even file it, a gnome developer did.

you did however:
      ​Mr. Contreras: Firstly, your continued, abrasive and aggressive behaviour (having already been warned of the same in #319 (comment 989881)) is not acceptable here, and is also not condusive to this issue being fixed, ever.​
      How surprising. Told you I didnt need to read it. exactly what i said after reading the first paragraph of the blog
      What to say.
      I'm no longer amazed how many people getting something for free are surprised that people working for free wont do free work for them on demand.
      ​Do YOU even know how file descriptors work?

perhaps follow your own advice before launching into a random, irrelevant tirade trying to win Internet points about issues that were fixed 7 months ago, that is not a good look tbh.

Appreciate you invested far more time than you should have into the issue, but being an arse about it gets you nowhere, software has bugs, these guys dont work for you, they are well within their rights to stick you on ignore. everyone does this - i bet even you.
      Last edited by mSparks; 09 May 2024, 10:41 AM.

Comment

mSparks
        You keep stopping to comment before you have the whole text; the article clarifies things as it goes, and expands quite a few statements.

felipec
        For every technical issue I 100% agree, but when I read the reports you weren't particularly ingratiating... So I totally get why they aren't keen to work with you. I'm not saying they aren't extremely hostile themselves mind, they earn it sometimes, but it doesn't hurt to try starting off on the right foot, at least in 'their territory'/bugtracker. Hopefully they accept your cleanup pushes since the commentary in those tickets are more benign, but I wouldn't be surprised if you're in a sh*t-list already.

That said... I enjoy a good Gnome roast - keep calling out their sh*t in your blog. +1 for being one of the few who actually puts up, too. It's one thing dealing with BS from the peanut gallery when nobody has solutions, when I was maintaining crap I wished I had people pitching code my way.

F.Ultra
        I didn't realize that Gnome GIMP funds weren't earmarked for development, and were separate. Nice to understand that, thanks!
        Last edited by Kver; 09 May 2024, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kver View Post
          mSparks
          You keep stopping to comment before you have the whole text; the article clarifies things as it goes, and expands quite a few statements.
          I did. I read the first paragraph and it did indeed tell me everything I needed to know relevant to the topic.

1. Complain in an aggressive tone that developers don't instantly fix something you didn't pay for.
          2. Get [politely] told to fuck off.

I don't bother being polite with people/entitled karens like that any more, aren't worth the effort.

That is all there really is to that story. Although it was something of a long goodbye.
          Last edited by mSparks; 09 May 2024, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
            How much was spent on healing crystals, magic crystals, crystal balls, dream catchers, yoga mats and ouija boards?
            they would not have a problem if they just cut off the woke bullshit "$96k on outreach,"

literally speaking all their finance problem boils down to woke bullshit like "$96k on outreach,"
            Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Originally posted by nox86 View Post
              Wait, several years they fuck up power users targeting UIUX for touch screen and average users and now they want my money? How about "Go 4ck yourself"
              they want your money for woke bullshit like: "$96k on outreach, " LOL

Comment

Originally posted by botipua22 View Post
                A mod on the gnome reddit sub pinned their comment saying any criticism of the executive director/shaman/girlboss will be deleted (and i am assuming the user will be banned) 🤣🤣🤣
                in our world it looks like there are 2 constands in all times and all countries
                first the truth is always against the law
                second to criticize the people in power is also against the law.

this girlboss really has no open-source software in mind all she does is moving money to the so called minorities. (in the population women are 51% and males are 49% because of this women are a majority not a minority... so its all a lie. )

Comment

Originally posted by rene View Post
                  at least it looks better than KDE; ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whkiZECPhqA
                  to me it looks like KDE/QT is in fact intentionally sapotaging the linux desktop.

i mean they also do CLA-WAR so their intentions to make the linux desktop a success is very low.

Comment

Oh look, you didnt even file it, a gnome developer did.
                    So what? When I went to file the bug report there was one already there. So what?

The regression remained there for many years, even though I provided a perfect solution many years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Kver View Post

felipec
                      I'm not saying they aren't extremely hostile themselves mind, they earn it sometimes, but it doesn't hurt to try starting off on the right foot, at least in 'their territory'/bugtracker.
                      This is not my first interaction with GNOME developers, I've had debated their moronic development attitude for more than a decade.

There are no words anyone could have said that would have made Christian Persch say "you are right, I introduced a regression that negatively affected users, I'm going to revert the patch", which is what a sane maintainer would have done. No words would have achieved that, so why bother?

In the end I was right, they were not interested in fixing the regression, and I ended up fixing it myself, like always.

Comment

Working...
                      X