Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mSparks View Post
    What to say.
    I'm no longer amazed how many people getting something for free are surprised that people working for free wont do free work for them on demand.

The whole point of gpl is if you have a bug you need fixed you either fix it yourself, or pay someone random to fix it for you.

If he thinks he can do better, click fork, get on with it. I didnt need to read any further to know he didn't do that. Which by the sounds of it is exactly what the gtk devs did with his complaints about xfce.
    lol u gnomies always defendin messy code its not about gettin free stuff its bout quality control who cares bout oop trash gnome ignore real issues an blame devs whatevs i’ll stick to my old x10 that worked didnt need no stinkin updates every other day rust sucks javascript rules

Comment

Originally posted by Panix View Post
      The entire organization sounds like a bunch of incompetent fools - so, whatever decisions/actions they make - it isn't really that surprising....

I stopped using GNOME more than a decade ago, yet my desktop environment of choice–Xfce–keeps using GNOME libraries, and every time I notice a sudden problem, every time it’s GNOM…

I know the above isn't really the Foundation 'side' but as a giant group, they sound like a mess.
      gnome org iz a jok old skools way beter jus look at x10 dat was da real deal an dis rust hype? complete nonsense javascript iz where its at oop more like noop amirit? trust me dude 45 year experence talkin

Comment

Originally posted by Panix View Post
        The entire organization sounds like a bunch of incompetent fools - so, whatever decisions/actions they make - it isn't really that surprising....

I stopped using GNOME more than a decade ago, yet my desktop environment of choice–Xfce–keeps using GNOME libraries, and every time I notice a sudden problem, every time it’s GNOM…

I know the above isn't really the Foundation 'side' but as a giant group, they sound like a mess.
        I just read that article, it explains why the whole gnome UI has become so bad. They simply don't care about usability, as long as they have their CoC to ride on, it probably won't change.

Comment

I'm no longer amazed how many people getting something for free are surprised that people working for free wont do free work for them on demand.
          Do you even know what software is?

And it was failing for everyone, not just me.

If he thinks he can do better, click fork, get on with it. I didnt need to read any further to know he didn't do that.
          You are 100% wrong, I did fork it, and I did fix it myself. That's the whole point of the article, and I literally explained that in the second and third paragraph, which you didn't bother reading.

Before criticizing an article, read it, you fool.
          Last edited by felipec; 08 May 2024, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AlanTuring69 View Post

lol u gnomies always defendin messy code its not about gettin free stuff its bout quality control who cares bout oop trash gnome ignore real issues an blame devs whatevs i’ll stick to my old x10 that worked didnt need no stinkin updates every other day rust sucks javascript rules
            Those idiots remind me of mods on forums who go nuts when someone says something they don't like - even if the post content is actually useful and potentially helpful to them or someone else (if on topic).
            That's the whole point of it and mSparks doesn't seem to get it or care. You want to talk about open source and that ppl should volunteer to help or work together to fix stuff? Well, there's an example of it NOT WORKING. So, it's good enough for me to recognize the Gnome devs are a bunch of pricks and idiots - so, I really don't want to use a DE when they are so inept, incompetent and arrogant that they shun someone who is trying to help fix their screwups.
            Last edited by Panix; 08 May 2024, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mxan View Post
              Healing crystals are expensive, come on now
              We dig up millions of tonnes of the shit...I mean 'healing crystals', every year.

Then 'they' double-dip and ask a fee for 'charging' these pieces of 'Mother Earth'.

Cheeky buggers.
              Hi

Comment

Originally posted by AlanTuring69 View Post

lolz everyone knows that the old ways r da best x10 wuz where it at not even needin that fancy x11 stuff rust more like bust love me sum plain ol javascript systems work with no oop nonsense just pure chaos lol gnome folks ya mean gnomies ha buncha sluggish code lovers gnomies think they so smart with their neat 'object models' pfffffft real genius in js snippits and hacks cmon tell me i'm rong
                Someone's having a party 🥳 Is it still going?
                Hi

Comment

Originally posted by felipec View Post

Do you even know what software is?

And it was failing for everyone, not just me.
                  clearly not true.

You are 100% wrong, I did fork it, and I did fix it myself. That's the whole point of the article, and I literally explained that in the second and third paragraph, which you didn't bother reading.

Before criticizing an article, read it, you fool.
                  I made it to the 3rd paragraph this time

Update: the developers have fixed the issue​
                  So there was an issue, it was fixed in weeks, thereby demonstrating the system works.

Infinitely better than windows and office and libreoffice which have had far worse open issues in release for decades. libreoffice has had a broken rand() function for as long as I can remember, but according to them

Is a perfectly normal codepath and wont be fixed.

As much as I enjoy detailed tear downs of how issues arise and how they are fixed, its still not telling me anything new or interesting, least of all anything about the gnome foundation.

Comment

So there was an issue, it was fixed in weeks, thereby demonstrating the system works.
                    Try four years later.

Learn to read.

Comment

Try four years later.

Learn to read.
                      You have a 4 year old bug report for it?

That blog is Feb 2023. Issues don't magically fix themselves.

OTOH
                      Wed Feb 20, 2013​

has been sat, and is still sat untouched, despite the fact it breaks every spreadsheet worth more than $1

More than a decade later

I think there is a problem with the Multiple Operations tool. Below is my simple example of the issue. However I’ll also try and describe the setup. I have four cells in a column representing the parameters of the equation: y = mx + c Where M = 4, X = 2 and C is the function =RAND(). Therefore the value of Y varies each time the model is recalculated. If a column of values for X is set-up, any value would do, and then use Multiple Operations to calculate corresponding values for Y. Nothin...

Every single time I see it come up they decide its not a bug & wont fix.

Literally

And you think a marginal, virtually a non issue in gnome terminal is an examplar of how "terrible" gnome devs are...... If that is the worst issues they have (and tbh, it seems to me to be) it shows THE EXACT OPPOSITE. if libreoffice devs made a terminal the pipe character being non functional would be not a bug & wont fix.

Then you have ms office that fails at fonts and windows that fails at pretty much everything; cant even fork()

And I'm supposed on hate the gnome foundation because gnome termninal takes 2 seconds to close if stdout is still active. insert choice of expletives
                      Last edited by mSparks; 09 May 2024, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X