No announcement yet.

KDE Plasma 6.0.4 Ships With Dozens Of Bug Fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There have been dozens of bug fixes to materialize over the past three weeks that worked their way into Plasma 6.0.4. Three of the most notable bug fixes noted in today's release announcement is fixing the export of URLs to the Desktop Portal on drag and copy, fixing the System Monitor column configuration dialog being too small on the system overview page, and checking the actual battery for the charge state workaround with Plasma's battery applet.
    Dozens of bug fixes, huh?

That only leaves about 24+ thousand to go.

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Comment

been using 6.0.3 without any hiccups. this is a very nice upgrade and their investment on stability has been paying off.

i didn't test 6.0.0, 6.0.1 or 6.0.2

Comment

Originally posted by sophisticles View Post

For future reference, are you dumb or are you just playing?

Since you clearly (should by now) know that that number does not apply to Plasma alone.

Comment

Originally posted by rafanelli View Post
          (...) There's a little flicker sometimes on XWayland apps and window positioning/ location remembering is a bit off.
          Still not fixed? wtf that's the only reason I'm not switching to Wayland. I hate having to readjust the Telegram app every time I pop it from the sys tray.

Comment

Originally posted by sophisticles View Post

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
            Somebody else could have easily posted this as sarcasm. I'm afraid you are serious. So sad.

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
              It's been a long time since I was genuinely excited for a new DE release. I'm using Fedora 39, with Plasma 5 on Wayland (AMD graphics) and it's been really great. Looking forward to the first Fedora spin with KDE 6!
              Since I have Nvidia, I had to switch to Fedora 40 as soon as possible. In December, I tried KDE6. Good. And in February I switched to Fedora 40. Well, now I'm writing to you from it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch View Post
                I wonder if they will backport explicit sync. I thought they might so it at least for Nvidia's sake, but if so, would Intel and AMD also reap early benefits.
                AMD and Intel already do a kind of implicit sync that's fairly well optimized, explicit sync won't make much difference on their hardware. The only benefit this has is to nVidia users and that's only due to the fact that nVidia's driver sucks ass....

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post

AMD and Intel already do a kind of implicit sync that's fairly well optimized, explicit sync won't make much difference on their hardware. The only benefit this has is to nVidia users and that's only due to the fact that nVidia's driver sucks ass....
                  The kind of implicit sync AMD and Intel do is explicit sync behind the scenes. The driver that you think sucks did it right all along (explicit sync only).

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

The kind of implicit sync AMD and Intel do is explicit sync behind the scenes. The driver that you think sucks did it right all along (explicit sync only).
                    Oh ok, I guess that must be why it -doesn't- work....

This logic of yours that because theirs is the -only- one that -doesn't- work is what makes it right... Whatever dude...

EDIT: This was a compromise so that compositor devs could -make- their projects work as expected on nVidia hardware.
                    Last edited by duby229; 17 April 2024, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post

Oh ok, I guess that must be why it -doesn't- work....

This logic of yours that because theirs is the -only- one that -doesn't- work is what makes it right... Whatever dude...

EDIT: This was a compromise so that compositor devs could -make- their projects work as expected on nVidia hardware.
                      It doesn't work because, despite being told, Wayland went ahead with implicit sync. It fell flat on its face, AMD and Intel had to implement some sort of explicit sync in their drivers and now everybody agrees explicit sync is what is needed.

But you just go on hating, don't let me (or the real world) stop you.

Comment

Working...
                      X