GNOME 46 Released With Improved Search, Experimental VRR & More Polish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qarium View Post

its the usability and the factor that it is "Ugly" gnome loses a lot of usability just by making it look nice the apple mac os style.

compared to this cinnamon is ugly but most people i know like my old mother she has hard time adabt the usability to non-ugly systems.
    So you're equating the terms "desktop-focused" and "Windows-like".

Comment

Originally posted by Myownfriend View Post
      So you're equating the terms "desktop-focused" and "Windows-like".
      well if you want to interpret it like this. but this has nothing to do with windows just keep in mind MACOS 7 from 1995 also had all these ugly control buttons and stuff. and people like my mother had a apple computer in 1995 they are used to have these ugly control buttons and all.
      if you start firefox with gnome it has no ugly stuff it is borderless has no frame and so one.
      remember the old gnome2 days ? it was similar than macos7.0/8.0 it had a lot of ugly stuff,. modern macos also did get rid of it.
      your counter argument that i only mean windows-like and this means desktop focused is nonsense because old macos version like 7.1 and old gnome versions also had all the ugly stuff inside.

modern gnome did get rid of all the ugly buttons and all the ugly frames and so one.

and in the end now it looks great but many people struggle to use it because all the ugly stuff did in fact increase usability. yes it looks like shit but it us usefull
      Last edited by qarium; 25 March 2024, 01:55 PM.
      Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Working...
      X