KDE Continuing To Land More Fixes, Eye More Features For Plasma 6.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sophisticles View Post

Or just use a real OS like Windows or Mac OS and don't waste your time with toys.
    You have over a thousand posts on a Linux forum. At this point you have probably spent more time with Linux than most people who contributed to the kernel.

Comment

Or just use a real OS like Windows or Mac OS and don't waste your time with toys.
      He's using real OS unlike crap like windows or macos.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
        If you use professional software you might not be there quite yet.
        Legacy crap. Blender3D, gimp are professional software.

Comment

Joy to the world: KSysGuard that compiles against Qt6 has become available e.g. in AUR. After thorough thought I just dislike most of KDE's UI "renovation" attempts. System monitor or window rules feel like clicking through some exhausting puzzle game.

And custom hotkey for selecting the first file/folder in Dolphin instead of switching into selection mode is still broken. And I guess if I would have the nerves to try it, assigning jumping up in folder path hierarchy to backspace still would be bugged too. Unnecessary fails + annoying defaults...

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post

Legacy crap. Blender3D, gimp are professional software.
            Blender, yes. Gimp is not even close. Plus, neither of the software you just mentioned has anything to do with the software he talked about.

Comment

At least on Kwin you can acutally allow X11 application running under XWayland to grab keys. (typically off, but can be set to either CTRL, META; ALT; ... or all keys when CTRL; META; ALT are pressed, or even all keys all the time)

Comment

Originally posted by CTown View Post

You have over a thousand posts on a Linux forum. At this point you have probably spent more time with Linux than most people who contributed to the kernel.
                Don't feed the troll.

Comment

So now it's not about KDE but about Linux as a whole? And Linux is a mere "toy"? Ha, it seems I was right on point after all when I thought you sounded like birdie. Same ****, different *******.

Comment

Originally posted by kokoko3k View Post
                    Somebody cares to explain how direct scanout is activated under wayland?
                    Does it means bypassing compositor or what?
                    ​Pretty much, yes. For fullscreen windows (and potentially even for non-fullscreen ones, if there's a suitable overlay plane available), the Wayland compositor can just scan out directly from the client buffers, no compositing GPU work needed. The compositor can switch between direct scanout and compositing per-frame as needed, the transitions aren't directly noticeable to the user (or client, though the latter may notice the compositor releasing scanout buffers later for re-use by the client).

Comment

Originally posted by CTown View Post

You are correct, as i have stated i have been using Linux based OSes since the 90's and I have built my own distros from scratch.

I am telling you that Linux is a toy, not an OS to be taken seriously, and I am typing this from a system running Manjaro.

Everything about Linux is half-assed, everyone is pulling this way and that way doing their own thing and all the software has the feel if being coded by amateurs.

Comment

Working...
                      X