GNOME Developers Continue Tweaking The Shell, Tuning For Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Okki View Post
    I hope that in my lifetime, Michael will finally allow us to block all these haters who continually pour their hatred onto a project that they don't even use.
    Going outside every once in a while might be a good idea if you think a person wearing glasses making fun of another person making glasses for not understanding why sharpness is important is somehow "pouring hatred". Seriously though, do you really believe having any sort of negative criticism makes you a "hater"?

Comment

Originally posted by osw89 View Post
      Going outside every once in a while might be a good idea if you think a person wearing glasses making fun of another person making glasses for not understanding why sharpness is important is somehow "pouring hatred". Seriously though, do you really believe having any sort of negative criticism makes you a "hater"?
      If you don't like and have no interest in ever using it, why would you care about it? That's the question and yes attacking somebody over his disability is below the belly.

Your answer back and reaction would be interesting, because you did not argue why sharpness is always better, blurriness was used a lot to make pixels disappear in the old days... it was seen as better so it's not clear it's always better and yes it could be for a small demographic better and a bigger demographic worse.

Comment

Originally posted by pranav View Post
        It would have been great if they picked Dynamic Tripple Buffering for GNOME 46 similar to how they picked up VRR.
        VRR currently conflicts with triple buffering, so the latter couldn’t be merged.

Comment

Originally posted by blackiwid View Post

If you don't like and have no interest in ever using it, why would you care about it? That's the question and yes attacking somebody over his disability is below the belly.

Your answer back and reaction would be interesting, because you did not argue why sharpness is always better, blurriness was used a lot to make pixels disappear in the old days... it was seen as better so it's not clear it's always better and yes it could be for a small demographic better and a bigger demographic worse.

Do you seriously think everyone who has anything but praise for the GTK/GNOME devs are people who irrationally hate them despite not using both projects? I wouldn't even be aware of their shenanigans if I didn't use GTK-based programs and look at the bug trackers if I encounter something. Even if I didn't, I don't have to justify anything to "don't say anything if you don't have anything positive to say" types, if I want to point out it's childish to respond to bug reports by condescendingly claiming there isn't an issue, I will.

Since you don't have anything other than strawman arguments let me just point out that I was not making fun of him having glasses(I wear them myself and it is not a disability) nor was I saying more sharpness is always better. Try not assuming malice by default when accusing other people of being haters. Since you either haven't read what I wrote or didn't understand it let me explain it to you.I was making fun of him wearing glasses but not being able to figure out why someone might bring up sharpness in the context of text being blurry. You know what you get when you have too little sharpness? Blur. You know what happens to your vision when you take off glasses? It becomes blurry. You get a small demonstration of what too little sharpness looks like every time you take off your glasses. There you go. If text looks as if I was looking at it without glasses then it is not sharp enough and the amount of blur to hide some pixels is not enough to make text seem that way. After all, I have been "disabled" for over almost two decades according to you, I should know.

While I'm at it let me point out that this wasn't even about what the right amount of sharpness is. It was about how they have a habit of gaslighting users into how there isn't actually an issue. You do something similar, if someone doesn't like something about X despite me liking X then they definitely are just a hater and shames disabled people! Life becomes a bit better if you don't assume everyone with different opinions are hate filled gremlins, you know?

Comment

Originally posted by mxan View Post

VRR currently conflicts with triple buffering, so the latter couldn’t be merged.
            Those seem to have been fixed as of 2 days ago. The question now is are the going to merge it for 46.1

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
              Not only does it save a click or two, but they could tie in notifications into the arrow button.

I find it funny how GNOME is rethinking that whole "No system tray" stance. Go figure that a graphical interface needs a place to stash long running programs and programs that act as graphical daemons.
              That extra click also requires brain cycles first to determine where exactly to click.

... I noticed a long ago that (some) gnome devs are insane and the system tray is just one place where it shows. Imho if there's a for-profit corp paying their salaries they should reevaluate their employees.

Comment

Originally posted by osw89 View Post
                Since you don't have anything other than strawman arguments let me just point out that I was not making fun of him having glasses(I wear them myself and it is not a disability) nor was I saying more sharpness is always better.

Try not assuming malice
                You did exactly what you accuse me of at least according to your statement you said:
                "what makes you think sharpness is a metric"? Gets even funnier when you realize the idiot who thought this was a good response wears glasses.
                The problem I have with that statement is that you end it there, so I must assume that you ended the discussion there or started attacking him or something, you got offended by a question, if somebody ask you a question you can throw a temper tantrum and "assume malice" or you could answer the question and depending on the response to your answer you maybe can come to the conclusion of them gaslighting or being stupid.

Now maybe you did that, but chose to not include that in the story, but I can only judge you by what you write and you think such a question alone is enough to call them idiots (mixed with the glasses) and at the same time gaslighting, which would be nearly incompatible with the "idiot". A idiot would respond bad because of not knowing better or able to understand somebody, a person that gaslights fully understands but tries to manipulate you into something.

I am not native speaker so forgive me for calling it a disability, I don't know the term used in English for that issue.

Comment

Btw don't get me wrong asking it that way is a trollish way, but that is the internet you pay them no money so are people allowed to be blunt and a bit trollish in their tone? I think so yes. I hate the tone policing and I am nearly happy to hear that with all the feminist BS and Code of Conduct shit that people if they work unpaid at least don't have to talk like a gay person.

Comment

Originally posted by SpyroRyder View Post

Those seem to have been fixed as of 2 days ago. The question now is are the going to merge it for 46.1
                    They will not merge any major feature in a bugfix release. It will be merged in GNOME 47... or maybe GNOME 50 LOL

Comment

Originally posted by SpyroRyder View Post

At least it will be in Gnome 46 for Ubuntu and Debian, and all of its derivates.

My guess is it will be merged in Gnome 47, because Red Hat didn't want it in RHEL 10, which will use Gnome 46.

Comment

Working...
                      X