Wine Code Merged To Overcome A Vulkan Performance Penalty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reba View Post
    Glad I get my games from GOG. Almost every game runs with vanilla Wine plus some Winetricks nowadays. No need for Proton, Soldier, Lutris, etc. those times are long over.
    I see the appeal, it makes me vicariously proud to be able to do so much more with vanilla Wine nowadays. I can play some games that I can't even on Windows anymore.

But I see no reason to dismiss Proton outright. In the latest case, it's amazing to me that I can download a game of the now, Helldivers 2, and just go online with some friends without having to tweak a single thing. There's value in things just working when you just want to have some fun. After years of messing with Wine and dual-booting, it's refreshing, really. So Proton (and for practical reasons, Proton Hotfix) really has a reason to exist.

Comment

Originally posted by pinguinpc View Post

dark sector fix crash in prologue scene if stay alone, maybe comment more later about fix crash when finish 1st chapter (another around 2 hours of gameplay video to trash XXXDDDDD)
      This game is surprisingly still banned in Australia due to too much gore... Now I have to get it. Ratings board is dumb sometimes.

EDIT: No it seems Valve just hasn't updated it or something. Anyway, this is a janky and terrible precursor game to Warframe.
      Last edited by theriddick; 04 March 2024, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
        Just install the freaking 32 bit libs? I bet they're a couple GBs at most or probably way less than that.

How big are your games huh?
        My games are on separate partitions/drives from my libs, so how much space one take is unrelated to the other.

Out of curiosity I looked at the space occupied by lib32* packages, that's about 1.3Gb, but /usr/lib32 is about 2Gb. The latter is about 6% of / , that's not too inconsequential I guess.

Comment

I found another improvement this time in avatar (movie based) the videogame

in before tests this game show suddenly crashes and sometimes freezes in blue lagoon, normally dont be possible explore all blue lagoon at begins because show suddenly crashes in any moment

but now with lastest mesa and wine-git dont show any crash in around 4 hours of gameplay

Comment

I hope the vulkan extension will be added for turnip as well.
            This will help those with wow64 wine on box64.

Comment

Working...
            X