KDE Plasma 6.0 Is Proving To Be Unlike The Rocky KDE 4 Launch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrg666 View Post
    Neon stable is not installing due to net config script failing as of today. It would be so nice to offer just the desktop as deb, rpm, and tgz packages for /opt. Or I dare to say a flatpak/snap package.would be great too. Seriously, maybe I should do this.
    The Internet(connecting to somewhere, the browser had a connection) did not work for me in the first step of the installer. Does it bother you later?

What it did for me is fixed since the image from date 3.3.​

Comment

Originally posted by Rovano View Post

The Internet(connecting to somewhere, the browser had a connection) did not work for me in the first step of the installer. Does it bother you later?

What it did for me is fixed since the image from date 3.3.​
      Installation of 3.3 image failed on me. It seems we are experiencing different problems.

Comment

Installation of 3.3 image failed on me. It seems we are experiencing different problems.
        I was just wondering that. I won't even try to install it anywhere else.
        Unpleasantly.​
        Last edited by Rovano; 04 March 2024, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rovano View Post

I was just wondering that. I won't even try to install it anywhere else.
          Unpleasantly.​
          https://www.reddit.com/r/kde/comment...staller_error/
          Yep, that is the same error I have seen. It looks like a simple problem to fix.

Comment

Wayland environment is so fast to make its predecessor prehistoric. LibreOffice opens files almost in the same time I click on the tile.

Comment

Read over at reddit that there are some critical bugs with this release however. Might need a 6.0.1 release soon!

Originally posted by MorrisS. View Post
              Wayland environment is so fast to make its predecessor prehistoric.

I just wish OBS had better support for Wayland. It's janky as hell.

Comment

Even 6.1 development build is usable now. But what worries me is those "unnecessary-to-me" eye candy features like 3D Cube effects creeping in and reducing the resource efficiency and performance. I hope this is not a trend that will continue. Anyway, that development cycle and release quality was a smashing success. Way to go!
                Kwin effects do not use system resources unless enabled.
                In addition to that with improvements to Qt vulkan/opengl it runs pretty fast

Comment

I agree with how free software works. I don't agree with what you prefer but that is unavoidable. So, if KDE goes to where I don't want, there will be other options. And the same for you. In any case, I am indebted to those developers. Nothing to argue here.
                  Go where I don't want, in what sense?
                  I repeat, this effect is not the default, it is an effect available together with others and by the way it has always been there, it was just removed temporarily waiting for a rewrite.
                  The default settings are something else...​
                  Personally I find it useless, but many like it.

Comment

Working...
                  X