Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They didn't move everything to Qt6.

Comment

Tried it, global hotkeys with multiple keyboard layouts are still not working, reverted back to KDE5 and X11. 🙄
      Also, the upgrade wiped most of my custom global hotkey settings 🤬 . Thanks god i do backups.

Comment

Originally posted by byteabit View Post

I think my joke was not understood. Just tried to compliment it by a critique of something that nobody should care, meaning its awesome if that is the only thing I critique. Hence my "Granted, this is not an issue at all, which is my joke here."
        It's because there really wasn't a joke there, just a critique being called a joke. A joke is more like:

Calling it a Mega Release reminds me of that time when Trump was talking about how America is developing Super Duper Missiles.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

It's because there really wasn't a joke there, just a critique being called a joke. A joke is more like:

Calling it a Mega Release reminds me of that time when Trump was talking about how America is developing Super Duper Missiles.
          It was a joke. In reality I don't critique the naming and could care less (which is the whole point). The statement is ridiculous by design and I have explained it to be a joke. This is not a critique being called a joke, its a joke being called a critique. A subtle, but important difference.

Comment

Originally posted by byteabit View Post

It was a joke. In reality I don't critique the naming and could care less (which is the whole point). The statement is ridiculous by design and I have explained it to be a joke. This is not a critique being called a joke, its a joke being called a critique. A subtle, but important difference.
            The only thing I don't like so far is calling it "MegaRelease". I think it is funny and for marketing purposes, but it should have been called "MajorRelease" instead to distinguish it from a minor "Release" version. Granted, this is not an issue at all, which is my joke here.
            There's no joke there. There were only two observations that you found some things to be humorous. Saying that you found some things to be funny isn't telling a joke. You're calling it ridiculous and then going "It's just a joke. It's a non-issue." like that's supposed to negate calling it ridiculous. Just because you see all that as observational humor doesn't mean you're telling a joke.

A joke is supposed to be funny. You're just being saying something and calling it a joke so you don't get called out as being negative over a critique. You're already on the defensive now not realizing that I, too, think calling anything a Mega Thingy sounds kind of dumb. That's a joke. No need to take offense to me calling your name dumb. It's a non-issue. A joke.

Comment

That's exactly what I was expecting and told you in the next sentence it is a joke. Arguing over jokes. I'm no longer discussing this with you, do what you want. This is ridiculous!

Comment

The bar is set low though. Using NeoChat on KF5 is like walking on a mine filed. There is a crash lurking in every corner at least on my machine.

Comment

Originally posted by hf_139 View Post

Since wayland is implemented by compositors requiring compositing, i want ALL those eye candies.
                  I want everything that compiz had, without exception. As long as its optional and i can turn on / off effects that i want.
                  It's not like xorg, where you could turn off compositing entirely.
                  Wayland always has that performance penalty, so why not use it?
                  I don't think Wayland compositing has the same performance penalty compiz had on xorg. With compiz it had a lot of back and forth between xserver, the compositor, the app, etc. With wayland it is more straightforward. But yeah, since Wayland pretty much requires 3d acceleration and is running compositing all the time, why not add some eye candy?

Comment

Originally posted by reba View Post

What a strange view. Good luck, good bye.
                    And what performance penalty??? Wayland is snappier than X in every way. Is this a trolling attempt?
                    He just thinks you have to turn the compositions off on Wayland to bring back performance. It was necessary on crap like Xorg. I think it doesn't matter on Wayland.

Comment

Originally posted by reba View Post

FYI: Both have nothing to do with each other, Waypipe can bind both together for streaming and such.

And both run Pipewire and Wayland run together flawlessy on my system for... months, maybe years, so your question really seems weird to me.
                      Interesting. In my operating system my audio server is pulseaudio alongside alsa. Now tell me how can I know what audio server runs in your specific operating system.

Matter is that you have not understand the question. Question is if pipewire works or not under wayland, it is not about what audio server worls in your specific operating system. So the consequent answer is: pipewire works under wayland.

Comment

Working...
                      X