KDE MegaRelease 6 Debuts For Plasma 6.0, KF6 & Gear 24.02

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

I'm a programmer. Most IDEs organize things vertically. So every bit of vertical space is gold. Otherwise, it's just more real-estate.
    You can always try 5:4. AFAIK Huawei made some decent ones

Comment

Now that the official Plasma 6 is out, I'd like to switch my KDE Neon install from unstable to whatever the official version is ("stable"?). Anyone have tips how to do so? (hopefully without Discover since it keeps crashing on me).

Comment

sophisticles says that he has "a degree in Cyber Security" but spreads disastrous and dangerous ideas about security, like leaving devices unprotected:
        - https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...53#post1434353
        - https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...69#post1434669
        ​​
        I wonder who this could be?

Could this person have an alter ego that starts with the letter Q?

Could be.

Comment

Is it possible that the extreme slowness Wayland session faces (in others as well as in my case) depends on some kind of conflict between alsa (and or pulseaudio) and pipewire?

I've deleted a bunch of pipewire packages from previous plasma release which have been still present, however the slowness persists.

Further issues:
          1. kup backup programs is missing from system manager although it is installed and working;
          It seems that shudown/logout/reboot icons works again after some updates.
          Last edited by MorrisS.; 01 March 2024, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by indepe View Post
            Now that the official Plasma 6 is out, I'd like to switch my KDE Neon install from unstable to whatever the official version is ("stable"?). Anyone have tips how to do so? (hopefully without Discover since it keeps crashing on me).
            Update it from TTY.
            ----------------------------------

KDE Neon won't finish installing for me. Main script crashes. And other things. KDE also falls. I do not recommend installing.
            ​Interesting that it worked better in BETA and RCs.​

It's not all KDE's fault. Something is wrong with the distribution.
            Last edited by Rovano; 01 March 2024, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rovano View Post

Update it from TTY.
              ----------------------------------

KDE Neon won't finish installing for me. Main script crashes. And other things. KDE also falls. I do not recommend installing.
              ​Interesting that it worked better in BETA and RCs.​

It's not all KDE's fault. Something is wrong with the distribution.
              Yeah that's the fact: both xorg and wayland worked good on Plasma 5 (at least in my case). 🤔 In my opinion the package management has big problems. KDe Neon is not well managed.

Comment

Originally posted by MorrisS. View Post

Yeah that's the fact: both xorg and wayland worked good on Plasma 5 (at least in my case). 🤔 In my opinion the package management has big problems. KDe Neon is not well managed.

After installing a fresh system with new software and a new Nvidia driver (8 years old card), I found that everything runs smoothly even under Wayland, including 4k video on YT and KDE 5.10.7. Video on Wayland in the browser has been a problem so far. Not more.
                ​So this makes KDE6 less important to me. But of course I'm curious about him. I'm waiting for it to be in the repository. But not in the Neon repository.
                Last edited by Rovano; 02 March 2024, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rovano View Post

After installing a fresh system with new software and a new Nvidia driver (8 years old card), I found that everything runs smoothly even under Wayland, including 4k video on YT and KDE 5.10.7. Video on Wayland in the browser has been a problem so far. Not more.
                  ​So this makes KDE6 less important to me. But of course I'm curious about him. I'm waiting for it to be in the repository. But not in the Neon repository.
                  Yeah all works good by a fresh install. Proved by USB Live installer working perfectly.
                  Last edited by MorrisS.; 03 March 2024, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Fixed slowness issue by packages management.

Comment

Fixed the problem on Libreoffice system doesn't match the system colors by deb files installation.
                      Last edited by MorrisS.; 03 March 2024, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X