Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine Wayland Driver Patches Enable Basic OpenGL Support

Phoronix: Wine Wayland Driver Patches Enable Basic OpenGL Support

Continuing to bring-up the Wine Wayland driver for offering native Wayland support without X11/XWayland, Alexandros Frantzis opened the pull request today for enabling basic OpenGL support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo in the second paragraph: Walynad -> Wayland

Comment

This is great news!

Comment

Originally posted by hedonist View Post
        This is great news!
        It's not... for the ornithurae among us.

Comment

weird, wayland shills told me three years ago that all of this already works flawlessly... they must have lied to me...

Comment

Originally posted by hf_139 View Post
            weird, wayland shills told me three years ago that all of this already works flawlessly... they must have lied to me...
            So you're claiming that back in early 2021, somebody told you that Wine not only was already Wayland-native but that it also had parity with Wine on X? Really now?

Why the fsck do some people feel the need to go online and waste their time saying such obviously fictional BS? It is simply beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocifer View Post

So you're claiming that back in early 2021, somebody told you that Wine not only was already Wayland-native but that it also had parity with Wine on X? Really now?

Why the fsck do some people feel the need to go online and waste their time saying such obviously fictional BS? It is simply beyond me.
              Yes, they told me that everything just works and is ready.

Around the time when GNOME devs claimed that wayland is finished and recommended it as default and Fedora defaulting to it. That was now at least three years ago.

Comment

Around the time when GNOME devs claimed that wayland is finished and recommended it as default and Fedora defaulting to it. That was now at least three years ago.
                wine works fine in xwayland, you're overstating the issue imo. Fedora defaulted to wayland back in 2016 too, so it's been much longer than that. They were early adopters, nobody else thought it was ready yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Noitatsidem View Post

wine works fine in xwayland, you're overstating the issue imo. Fedora defaulted to wayland back in 2016 too, so it's been much longer than that. They were early adopters, nobody else thought it was ready yet.
                  yeah, if you want stability, you have to stay far away from anything sponsored by RedHat.
                  Learned that the hard way. Nowadays i just disregard anything they claim by default.

Imagine how horrible the experience must have been if you seriously used wayland in 2016....

Comment

So you're here for the trolling, got it. Have a nice day.

Comment

Working...
                    X