KWinFT Compositor Now Known As Theseus' Ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by varikonniemi View Post

I never said that one could not earn more somewhere, just argued against your attitude of talking this down because it's not the highest available. It's extremely good pay for a remote job in most of the world.
    My attitude is that I want open source software developers to earn the best they can and I don't consider this competitive. If you don't share my perspective on it, we can move on. You aren't going to convince me with your approach of taking cheap shots.

Comment

Originally posted by spicfoo View Post

My attitude is that I want open source software developers to earn the best they can and I don't consider this competitive. If you don't share my perspective on it, we can move on. You aren't going to convince me with your approach of taking cheap shots.
      whatever, i just want you to stop belittling excellent job opportunities in the open source software space.

Comment

whatever, i just want you to stop belittling excellent job opportunities in the open source software space.
        Unfortunately, you are going to have to live with the difference in opinion and cannot stop me expressing mine. You are welcome to close your eyes if you don't like hearing it.

Comment

is it excellent? Let's see.
          The Yuzu devs make $30K a month purely with Patreon for a team of what 3-4 devs? and I don't know that they're all full-time, if they were it's not much better.
          On the other hand the RPCS3 main dev makes $2k a month full time... 50k a year would be more than twice that. Same with the Calibre dev, and he seems more than happy with what he gets.
          Looking at it that way, yeah it's not great but it's far from bad either.

Comment

Working...
          X