New GNOME Mutter Code Prepares Fractional Scaling For XWayland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Myownfriend View Post
    Also did KDE fix its full screen behavior in Wayland to properly center and add black bars when the client doesn't match he displays aspect ratio? It's effecting what SDL3's defaults will be.
    Also in Wine-Wayland btw.

re topic: really awesome to see that Gnome is adopting the KDE solution here. Which, btw., is IMO quite wild from a technical perspective - but seems to work simply good enough for almost everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Myownfriend View Post
      Don't know how to tag Michael because a million Michaels show up
      Hangyaku-sei Million Michael

Comment

Originally posted by treba View Post
        Also in Wine-Wayland btw.
        Oh yea! Saw Andres(?) mention that in the MR for display mode emulation. I wish I knew what to type in to see if that's being worked on.

Originally posted by treba View Post
        re topic: really awesome to see that Gnome is adopting the KDE solution here. Which, btw., is IMO quite wild from a technical perspective - but seems to work simply good enough for almost everyone.
        I was curious about whether or not KDE was using the same solution. I get what's happening conceptually but it's breaking my brain looking at Jonas's diagrams and trying to figure out what would be happening in protocol space and logical space.

I love that implementing this is actually a net decrease in code, too.

Comment

Originally posted by oleid View Post

Gnome has fractional scaling for years, it's just hidden as it's still considered experimental.
          One of the recent improvements is accepting and adding experimental features instead of just leaving them out.
          I wish GNOME stop using fixed release dates and just aim for two major release in a year. Lifting all the requirements from Epiphany, WebKit, Totem, Loupe and other to stick with that release cycle. There is no need at all to coordinate them with GNOME.

PS: WebKit already ships in different revisions for this.

Comment

Almost forgot gnome exist 😂

Comment

Working...
            X