No announcement yet.

KDE Plasma 6.0 Getting More Fixes & UI Refinements Ahead Of Release This Month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been testing in fedora Rawhide and the biggest thing I've noticed is that NVIDIA outputs on hybrid systems are now perfectly smooth and fast no matter the resolution or scaling.

Comment

Originally posted by MastaG View Post
      Some of these bugfixes indicate that the 6 release can still be a little rough on the edges.
      Nevertheless I'm looking forward to try it out!
      Eh, for the most part these are either simple improvements to features that already existed, or fixes to bugs that are extremely niche. In my mind, if the team is focusing on stuff like this, it means that the biggest ticket issues are worked out already. This is pure polishing phase.

Comment

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
        Arch kde-unstable repo has been smooth sailing for me for quite some weeks already. Not noticing any regressions vs. 5, except you might need some updates for 3rd party custom shell widgets.
        Looks like Xorg session is finally behind me.
        using the same repo on Cachy. I can't add or remove favorites in the application launcher, And ksysguard won't launch,

Comment

Originally posted by WileEPyote View Post

using the same repo on Cachy. I can't add or remove favorites in the application launcher, And ksysguard won't launch,
          Ksysguard seems to rely on kf5 and qt5. The breakage here is expected.

Comment

Tried it on Cachy and KDE 6 Wayland is amazingly smooth on my 6800XT based desktop. No crashes or issues, and everything is smooth. But I did face a couple of issues:
            1) It breaks my ddcutil based monitor switiching workflow. Switching back to 5.27 fixes it.
            2) It breaks VP9 hardware accerelation in Firefox
            3) My previously installed themes do not show and cannot get new ones. Kvantum also does not seem to be ported to work on QT6 yet.

Will have to report some of these bugs soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Steffo View Post

It will be beta quality for sure.
              It's already better than beta-quality. Sure, being as complex as it is, there will be bugs. But no more than usual. Hopefully, because of the cleanup in the Qt6 series, maybe even less than usual.

Comment

Originally posted by ms178 View Post

Ksysguard seems to rely on kf5 and qt5. The breakage here is expected.
                I figured it was a dependency issue concerning ksys. I don't use it too often, but i hope it gets fixed at some point.
                The app launcher bug is a known issue on arch distros. https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=479183

It's some sort of regression from qt 6.6 to 6.7.

Comment

I figured it was a dependency issue concerning ksys. I don't use it too often, but i hope it gets fixed at some point.
                  The app launcher bug is a known issue on arch distros. https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=479183

It's some sort of regression from qt 6.6 to 6.7.
                  Keep in mind Qt 6.7 is not out yet. Atm it's included in beta form, because it's required. Fingers crossed.

Comment

pretty sure ksysguard is deprecated and replaced by https://github.com/KDE/plasma-systemmonitor

Comment

Originally posted by thxcv View Post

pretty sure ksysguard is deprecated and replaced by https://github.com/KDE/plasma-systemmonitor
                      Well crap. I actually prefer ksysguard for browsing through open processes. Oh well. Not a huge deal I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                      X