The Budgie Desktop Hopes To Do A Wayland-Only Release This Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
    Good for them and fuck Nvidia of course!
    I think you have that backwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post
      I used to adore budgie, so im looking forwards to trying it, however realisitcally, at this rate I doubt im going to be leaving cosmic, im liking a lot of what they are doing
      Same feeling. If they keep progressing this way, COSMIC will end up being the obvious new DE of choice for these many distros developing their own custom GNOME based DEs.
      Some say COSMIC is adding one more DE, but it could actually do the opposite, by helping to get rid of all these many GNOME clones in favour of vanilla COSMIC replacements and leave a more vanilla GNOME trend on the other side.
      Last edited by rmfx; 27 January 2024, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rmfx View Post
        Same feeling. If they keep progressing this way, COSMIC will end up being the obvious new DE of choice for these many distros developing their own custom GNOME based DEs.
        Some say COSMIC is adding one more DE, but it could actually do the opposite, by helping to get rid of all these many GNOME clones in favour of vanilla COSMIC replacements and leave a more vanilla GNOME trend on the other side.
        Cosmic is also fairly modular, it's pretty easy to use cosmic-comp and your own stuff like waybar, so even if you want your own cosmic spin, it should be really easy to do so in a method that is much more stable and easier then gnome

Comment

Originally posted by rmfx View Post

That is possible. In the context of the article, I would point out that Budgie is moving away from being a Gnome/GTK-based DE, so it won't be available for comparison on that basis in future. System 76 certainly seems to be impressing many people, though.

Comment

Great news, I'm using Budgie on one of my machines. It's sucha great DE. Clean compared to KDE and desktop orientated vs. Gnome. Best of two worlds.

Comment

Working...
            X