FreeRDP 3.2 Fixes Wayland Client Scaling + Wayland Keyboard Handling Fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FreeRDP 3.2 Fixes Wayland Client Scaling + Wayland Keyboard Handling Fixes

Phoronix: FreeRDP 3.2 Fixes Wayland Client Scaling + Wayland Keyboard Handling Fixes

Following last month's FreeRDP 3.0 release with many improvements for this Microsoft Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) implementation, FreeRDP 3.2 is out today with a number of fixes -- especially as it pertains to Wayland support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

GuyS, WaYLAnd WoRks PERfECtLy fOR me TheReS No bUgs EVer etc ETc eTc 101

wTf X11 gOt SecUritY fIxEs AGain thaT noBODy eVER eXPlOiteD, hOLy sHiT ImAgiNE uSINg soMEThING tHAt WOrks​

- any clown here

Comment

I'm really happy for 3.0 releases of FreeRDP because it supports connecting to Microsoft Dev Boxes in Azure without requiring you to enroll your device into Intune Company Portal

Comment

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
        Literally nobody says that. Gaps in stuff like remote control are common perception and it only started improving recently.
        The only clowns here are those who say wAYLaND BAd dESigN lITerallY uNFixABlE woNT evER iMPrOVe

Comment

Wayland is definitely improving lately, but it's not quite there yet. When starting Plasma in Wayland mode (on 2 27" 4K monitors with scaling set to 175%), some apps are blurry or have a way smaller font size compared to X11 mode. Surprisingly Firefox and Emacs (pgtk) already work perfectly. Sharp lines and correct font size. Whatever these two are doing, other apps should copy that.

Comment

This is the second remote desktop development news today for Wayland.

Wayland works perfectly for me. With RDP, it will be excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by Weasel View Post

wTf X11 gOt SecUritY fIxEs AGain thaT noBODy eVER eXPlOiteD, hOLy sHiT ImAgiNE uSINg soMEThING tHAt WOrks​
              - a clown here
              Last edited by Nocifer; 20 January 2024, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bple2137 View Post
                Literally nobody says that.
                You can't be serious. But since I don't want to entertain you, how much you bet on that I can find on this very forum? At least it's public so we have all the witnesses we need.
                Originally posted by bple2137 View Post
                The only clowns here are those who say wAYLaND BAd dESigN lITerallY uNFixABlE woNT evER iMPrOVe
                Can't be a clown if you state facts.

If you think it's not factual, then prove it wrong. Show me how to query/set window positions and pixels and act accordingly from MY script (i.e. not malware).

Comment

Working...
                X