Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wine 9.0 Released With Initial Wayland Driver, WoW64 Taking Shape & Better Direct3D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valve should release "steam-experimental" a native 64 bits client with WoW64 and Wayland support. The moment they release it I would start using it, even if it would take months before I could play all my games again​, because I want to get rid of 32 bits and Xorg compatibility RIGHT NOW.​

Comment

Nice. XWayland on NVIDIA isn't in the best state for some games so looking forward to when I can go entirely Wayland, because everything else works for me.

Comment

If I had a wish, I wish I could run Quickbooks Pro for Desktop via Wine because that would be my last obstacle for getting off Windows for my business. I realize that Quickbooks is a low priority item for them so I don't bother them with continuous requests, but if someone at CodeWeaver is reading this, I would be more than happy to start paying again for a subscription.

Comment

Originally posted by HD7950 View Post
          Valve should release "steam-experimental" a native 64 bits client with WoW64 and Wayland support. The moment they release it I would start using it, even if it would take months before I could play all my games again​, because I want to get rid of 32 bits and Xorg compatibility RIGHT NOW.​
          Use Steam Snap or Flatpak. Than you don't need any 32-bit libs on your main system.

Comment

Originally posted by dekernel View Post
            If I had a wish, I wish I could run Quickbooks Pro for Desktop via Wine
            Is not Intuit trying to move all of their customers to "the cloud" (similar to how Adobe moved to a cloud subscription plan)?

I would not be surprised if their legacy desktop programs are slowly moving to life-support stage. As a business, either (desktop or cloud) would most likely be a valid business expense (although for small small businesses, that comes out the income for the owner).

Comment

Originally posted by CommunityMember View Post
              Is not Intuit trying to move all of their customers to "the cloud" (similar to how Adobe moved to a cloud subscription plan)?

I would not be surprised if their legacy desktop programs are slowly moving to life-support stage. As a business, either (desktop or cloud) would most likely be a valid business expense (although for small small businesses, that comes out the income for the owner).
              Oh, they are attempting to move everyone to their subscription model, but to date, the desktop solution is still available. Regarding the business expense, that goes without saying either the subscription or desktop solutions are standard business expenses which is why I have no issues paying companies like CodeWeaver for a subscription.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post
                ive been using wined3d with the vulkan backend quite a bit lately, pretty useful for some of the more unique games that struggles with dxvk stuttering on my polaris
                Does it work for DX7-8 games? I wouldn't worry about performance there, but not using OpenGL could be an improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post

Does it work for DX7-8 games? I wouldn't worry about performance there, but not using OpenGL could be an improvement.
                  it should, but it's not something i've tested, if you know some good examples I can

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post

it should, but it's not something i've tested, if you know some good examples I can
                    * Vampire The Masquerade - Redemption (I think DX7)
                    * Freelancer - DX8.

How do you enable that mode?

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post

* Vampire The Masquerade - Redemption (I think DX7)
                      * Freelancer - DX8.

How do you enable that mode?
                      it is a regedit config https://wiki.winehq.org/Useful_Registry_Keys Ill try those out if I can find them cheap or free

Comment

Working...
                      X