FreeRDP 3.0 Adding Relative Mouse Movement & Other Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nille View Post
    Would be nice if it would be usable on wayland too.
    Gnome (Remote Desktop) uses FreeRDP on Wayland. Anyone using RDP from gnome is AFAIK using FreeRDP.

Comment

There is a DISTINCT lack of multi-user RDP servers for wayland. Right now you can run XRDP and have basically a Linux Terminal Server. All the remote desktop solutions for Wayland seem to be only geared towards controlling an already single user logged in desktop session ala the basic Windows Remote Desktop.

Comment

Originally posted by Nille View Post
        Would be nice if it would be usable on wayland too. currently i use anydesk but they go the way of teamviewer and limit the free version more and more so that it didnt work anymore since it want me to pay 15 bugs per month just so connect to my steam deck.
        I did try vnc but that also only worked with X11 and there was no sound, no drag and drop.

I also did try HopToDesk but that wont launch on SteamOS.
        Gnome desktop sharing (Wayland) is leveraging RDP and works fantastic on Manjaro and Fedora, accessing it from either one of those OSes but even when I access those systems from Windows 10.
        It works way better and faster than any VNC implementation and scaling works better than Nomachine.
        Really no need for Anydesk or TeamViewer or any other alternative. I only use TeamViewer on Android to help parents with their Android phone.

Comment

Working...
        X