Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wine 8.21 Released With HiDPI Scaling & Initial Vulkan Code For The Wayland Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 8.21 Released With HiDPI Scaling & Initial Vulkan Code For The Wayland Driver

Phoronix: Wine 8.21 Released With HiDPI Scaling & Initial Vulkan Code For The Wayland Driver

Wine 8.21 is out today as the newest bi-weekly development release of Wine and the final one prior to the feature freeze coming up in two weeks...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Really excited for the Wayland driver! Also really happy that there's a Vulkan backend for it, can it get any better?

WINE is the only part of my system which holds me to XWayland

Comment

Originally posted by Kjell View Post
      WINE is the only part of my system which holds me to XWayland
      For me it's Wine AND Steam.

Comment

One more vulkan patch and we're can try to play vulkan(vkd3d and dxvk too) games!

Comment

Cringe. ARM64EC or whatever it is called is even more cringe than Wayland...

Comment

This wine version add various commits related wma-wmv but in practice for example dead rising 1 sometimes pass entry videos sometimes dont

In other cases stay in black case darksiders - ultra street fighter and others

Also have more commits related mpeg-1, with wine must be resolve various issues remaining of infamous bug 9127

At writing time stay using staging 8.21, avalaible on winehq packages (in my case stay using mantic packages)

Comment

Working...
            X