GIMP 3.0 Is Hoping To Release In May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
    Or above? We don't know anything about GTK5 yet, so for all we know, they could break some stuff. Only time will tell whether or not GTK5 will be a disruptive change or not.
    Point taken - I could have left out the "or above" part, as that is sort of trying to read an as of yet undefined future. I thought I maybe read the idea was to make GTK versions upgrades easier going forward (for sure going from 3 to 4), but we don't know until we do know. But I do hope the rest of what I said is valid (including changes and cleanup unrelated to GTK itself), as should make future updates (when they even might happen) easier for GIMP.

Comment

Originally posted by lucrus View Post

I suspect they're going to skip that and go straight into GTK 5 or even GTK 6. Also, after Wayland deprecation, X12 might be their next reachable target.
      X12? When???

Comment

press X to doubt

Comment

The GIMP 3.0 lead developer's name is Samuel Beckett.

Comment

Be that as it may, it's faster than the release of a stable implementation of Wayland.

Comment

Originally posted by guglovich View Post
              Be that as it may, it's faster than the release of a stable implementation of Wayland.
              Maybe you refer to a stable implementation of a Desktop Environment built on top of the Wayland protocol? Wayland being just a protocol seems to be stable.

Comment

Originally posted by darkonix View Post
                Maybe you refer to a stable implementation of a Desktop Environment built on top of the Wayland protocol? Wayland being just a protocol seems to be stable.
                You mean reasons and explanations. But if you mean reasons, then Wayland is just hard to implement. And that is clearly a credit to its complexity.

Comment

Originally posted by eltomito View Post
                  The GIMP 3.0 lead developer's name is Samuel Beckett.
                  I didn't know GIMP 3.0 has a dependency on a game engine. Interesting. Could be a radical user interface. Perhaps we can look forward to happy days?

Comment

Gimp.org needs more funding. Even one promille from Adobe's earning should be enough to finish this task.

Comment

Working...
                    X