KDE Plasma 6.0 Alpha Released With KDE Frameworks 6 & KDE Gear Updates Too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Plasma 6.0 Alpha Released With KDE Frameworks 6 & KDE Gear Updates Too

Phoronix: KDE Plasma 6.0 Alpha Released With KDE Frameworks 6 & KDE Gear Updates Too

Today marks the on-time alpha release of the "KDE 6th Megarelease" -- this encompasses the KDE Plasma 6.0 desktop, KDE Frameworks 6 libraries, and KDE Gear applications...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

That's sum god-tier blog writing, the source is /s

Comment

Any way to install the alpha on arch?

Comment

I'm a lot more interested that KDE puts 1000% resources in massive bug fixing, please.

Comment

I hope their membership drive:
          In case you weren’t aware, KDE e.V. is doing a membership drive right now, fundraising to strengthen the organization’s financial sustainability. The money goes towards employment for K…

Will will be really successful, so KDE organization will have enough money to buy all the hardware needed for the developers to properly implement and test HDR support and why not, OLED screens and Vr headsets support too!
          I'm really tired of not having even one desktop environment that can do this and all the high-quality media and technically advanced games cannot properly be used.
          We work and buy high-end hardware for nothing, if the software cannot fully take advantage of it.

Comment

Originally posted by copyleft View Post

what bugs? it's not gnome. It is stable and reliable
            Yeah, no. I am a lifelong KDE user and fanboy, but there are some bugs in there for sure. Nothing that is a show stopper for my user case, but once in a while you can stumble upon some annoyances.

Comment

i switched 2009 from kde to gnome and never regretted it. true story.

Comment

oh my condolences
                did u ever use qt4?

Comment

Their bugtracker has tons of bugs.

Comment

lol, "tons".

Did you weigh them?
                    It's a common-enough English expression :-)

Comment

Working...
                    X