Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenRazer 3.7 Adds Support For Many Newer Razer Devices On Linux

Phoronix: OpenRazer 3.7 Adds Support For Many Newer Razer Devices On Linux

OpenRazer as the community-driven, open-source project providing driver support for Razer peripherals on Linux is out with a new feature release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

"Multi-billion dollar company can't afford to develop software for Linux. Gets help by unpaid volunteers"

Comment

Originally posted by Kjell View Post
      "Multi-billion dollar company can't afford to develop software for Linux. Gets help by unpaid volunteers"
      The same multi-billion dollar company also cant spend any money putting quality parts in their hardware (i.e. switches!!)! They produce utter crap that works for about 5 - 6 months... just long enough for reviewers to give it top ratings for everything but quality!

Comment

Originally posted by zexelon View Post

The same multi-billion dollar company also cant spend any money putting quality parts in their hardware (i.e. switches!!)! They produce utter crap that works for about 5 - 6 months... just long enough for reviewers to give it top ratings for everything but quality!
        Not trying to offend you or anything but, perhaps you just purchased a cheap and low cost-build device.

I own a HUNTSMAN V2 TKL (1 year of use now) + a Viper Ultimate Cyberpunk edition (1.2 year of use now) and both continue to work just fine after countless hours of MW2/Warzone 2. Actually, 497.4 hours according to Steam.

Their high end stuff is usually well built.

Hopefully one day Linux market reaches 10%+ for them to build an official Synapse client. Maybe Chrome OS Gaming Laptops will push more gaming companies into Linux... 🙂

Comment

Originally posted by carguello2 View Post

Not trying to offend you or anything but, perhaps you just purchased a cheap and low cost-build device.

I own a HUNTSMAN V2 TKL (1 year of use now) + a Viper Ultimate Cyberpunk edition (1.2 year of use now) and both continue to work just fine after countless hours of MW2/Warzone 2. Actually, 497.4 hours according to Steam.

Hopefully one day Linux market reaches 10%+ for them to build an official Synapse client. Maybe Chrome OS Gaming Laptops will push more gaming companies into Linux... 🙂
          Sure.

Mamba stopped tracking after 2.5 years of use.
          Lancehead TE scroll wheel glitchy after 2 years of use.
          Two Hammerhead earphones that failed after one year.
          BlackWidow Chroma with key repeat issues after 1.5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by carguello2 View Post

No offence taken!

My experience was two Razer Naga's bought at different times, both had the left mouse button's fail after 6-8 months usage.

I have had the same thing happen on a Logitech 602 mouse but that was after 2.5 years.

Right now I have the SteelSeries Aerox 9 and its so far holding up.

Comment

OpenRazer makes razer hardware worth using. Their Windows software is so bad.

Comment

I have been using a Logitech MX518 since 2008. Frantically. And it still works, only the paint has rubbed off somewhere and the front Teflon is starting to peel off. I don't know what to buy next. When I tried the new Logitech at a friend's place a few years ago, it was terrible and it stopped working after a while. But it's been a few years. Maybe they got better again. But who has time to try?

My other cheap mice were gone within a few months. Except for the Microsoft ball. It was also a holder until the cable twisted.​
                Last edited by Rovano; 02 November 2023, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Does this allow 2 devices 1 dongle support yet (for configuring) like the windows software?

Comment

Originally posted by zexelon View Post

They solved the switch issue in many recent mice by switching to optical instead of electrical-contact switches. Although (at least some) wireless mice like the orochi v2 don't use optical (for battery life reasons probably).

Some people have reported scroll wheel issues, but I have a 3 year old Viper Mini and it's still going strong.

I don't use OpenRazer because of the out of tree kernel module it requires.

Comment

Working...
                    X