Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 8.19 Released With Updated Mono, More DirectMusic Code

Phoronix: Wine 8.19 Released With Updated Mono, More DirectMusic Code

It's slightly off its usual Friday release target, but Wine 8.19 was released today as the newest bi-weekly unstable release of this open-source software to enjoy Windows games and applications under Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Why doesn't WineHQ make Mono Debian package along with Wine? It would be nicer to have than downloading it for each prefix.

Comment

What about Wine-Staging 8.19? Please write a news article too...

Comment

in my case can confirm rise of nations have music however in extended edition crash when game begins but on rise of nations gold-patriots game runs (some graphic gltches of d8vk)

and virtual desktop with steam client still working too

Last edited by pinguinpc; 29 October 2023, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
          Why doesn't WineHQ make Mono Debian package along with Wine? It would be nicer to have than downloading it for each prefix.

Other than the fact it turns out that having winemono installed results in some programs failing that otherwise work. There are some quirks here and there that need solving.

Yes there is a global install option designed but its not exactly the best.

Comment

Originally posted by oiaohm View Post
            Other than the fact it turns out that having winemono installed results in some programs failing that otherwise work. There are some quirks here and there that need solving.
            For what do you actually need winemono? I have never installed it (it always pops up after every wine update, very annoying) but everything works.

Comment

Originally posted by Anux View Post
              For what do you actually need winemono? I have never installed it (it always pops up after every wine update, very annoying) but everything works.
              For a lot of people not installing winemono at all is right thing todo. Wine mono exists so you can run .net applications. Depending on you country it may be illegal to use the Microsoft .net runtime on wine and at times Microsoft .net runtime does to work..

You can set mscoree​ to disabled and that will result in when you update a wine prefix notification about winemono not turning up.

Comment

Originally posted by oiaohm View Post
                You can set mscoree​ to disabled and that will result in when you update a wine prefix notification about winemono not turning up.
                thanks

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
                  The way I have it set up is a folder in "/home/user/.cache/wine" with all versions of mono + gecko installers in it. Every time I create a new prefix they're installed automatically from there, completely offline.

Comment

Originally posted by jojo7887 View Post

The way I have it set up is a folder in "/home/user/.cache/wine" with all versions of mono + gecko installers in it. Every time I create a new prefix they're installed automatically from there, completely offline.
                    I don't want to waste space on it every prefix, that's the point.

Comment

Working...
                    X