Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blender Alpha Builds Enable Experimental Vulkan Option

Phoronix: Blender Alpha Builds Enable Experimental Vulkan Option

The newest Blender alpha builds of the past week have enabled Vulkan API support as an experimental option on Windows and Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Interestingly, I stumbled upon Pixar Animation's GH page recently, and there was a short 2019 conversation about considering a Vulkan back end as well, with a Blender dev participating.

It's slow (very slow) but Vulkan unquestionably is making strides.
    Attached Files

Comment

As of today, Blender is I think the only DCC with Vulkan support.
      The world moves very slowly in the animation/vfx field.

Comment

Originally posted by rmfx View Post
        As of today, Blender is I think the only DCC with Vulkan support.
        The world moves very slowly in the animation/vfx field.
        its a complete different phenomenon what people think it is. its not that the other players move slowly who are competition to blender no no no its just that the other players die die die ...

you will see in 10 years from now there maybe do only exist 1-2 big closed source players and blender everything else will be death.

and in like 20 years there will be a posibility that everything but blender will be death.

they do not move slowly as you claim they die slowly.
        Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Bah they should delay 4.0 to coincide with the inclusion of the first practical iteration of Vulkan-API support, muhaha.

Comment

Michael

Typo

"geomety" should be "geometry"

If at first you don't succeed. Ty, try again. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

p.s. For goodness sake put a friendly worded and clearly marked amazon or some other affiliate link at the bottom of every article directly taking you to any relevant product(s). E.g. the Intel Arc...to the arc product page amazon. Just my two cents.
            Last edited by JEBjames; 13 October 2023, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Is Vulkan compute rendering being considered as well?

Comment

Working...
              X