No announcement yet.

TuxClocker 1.1 Released With Intel CPU Temperature Monitoring, NVML Fan Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TuxClocker 1.1 Released With Intel CPU Temperature Monitoring, NVML Fan Control

Phoronix: TuxClocker 1.1 Released With Intel CPU Temperature Monitoring, NVML Fan Control

Following the release last month of TuxClocker 1.0 as a GUI overclocking solution currently for NVIDIA graphics cards on Linux, this years-in-development open-source utility is up to version 1.1 and with some new capabilities...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Looks good, but 850MB for an app like this is huge.

Comment

Originally posted by gexdigital View Post
      Looks good, but 850MB for an app like this is huge.
      The program itself isn't that big, the tarball just has absolutely every dependency shipped, including glibc. The size could be improved though, if you checked with ldd which libraries are actually used and only copied those.

Comment

Originally posted by Lurkki View Post

The program itself isn't that big, the tarball just has absolutely every dependency shipped, including glibc. The size could be improved though, if you checked with ldd which libraries are actually used and only copied those.
        Have you used it?

Has anyone compared this program to GWE - the latter which is being abandoned - well, dev is switching to an AMD gpu and won't support it after that - they're looking for maintainers but I wouldn't be too confident with that development.

At least, Nvidia cards have some support options - those two programs, nvidia-smi etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Panix View Post
          Have you used it?.
          Sorry, have I used what?

Originally posted by Panix View Post
          Has anyone compared this program to GWE

In terms of Nvidia functionality it's similar, but TuxClocker has support for multiple fans and voltages that GWE to my knowledge doesn't. But I think the more interesting part is that the TuxClocker GUI isn't hardcoded for Nvidia or any other devices, as you can see from this release.

Comment

Originally posted by Lurkki View Post
            Sorry, have I used what?

In terms of Nvidia functionality it's similar, but TuxClocker has support for multiple fans and voltages that GWE to my knowledge doesn't. But I think the more interesting part is that the TuxClocker GUI isn't hardcoded for Nvidia or any other devices, as you can see from this release.
            Sounds good. I noticed the most recent post including support for AMD gpu cards. Many on this site sound like they have amd gpus - I hope they will test them with your software program soon and report their results to you so you can obtain some feedback.

Comment

Working...
            X