Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PreSonus Studio One 6.5 Music Production Software Adds Wayland-Only Linux Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by creative View Post
    If you are talking about my music fiddling? That's actually some of the newer stuff from the past few years, I actually don't expect people to listen, it just stands as proof that I actually am an active musician on GNU Linux and not someone just making up stuff and telling make believe stories. Me and DAW GNU Linux go pretty far back together. I'm not the oldest that's for sure but 2004 I was using it pretty extensively and donating to the Ardour project around that time, all on Slackware, custom configuration and compiling a RT kernel the whole lot, it was actually required back then.
    Although I have quite some musical skills/background, it is just something I rarely take part in, unless I'm drinking a hard cider thinking I'm one of the Worlds' "greatest sounding guy" while listening to some of the more recent Canadian music. Probably not somebody you would want to listen to while either of us our sober. (I know my neighbors are really unhappy without hearing any of my 100 watt PA amp lately. I'm also starting to look "too good" again, without making myself look like a complete idiot.)

I think, you're right on the ball when playing the field, know your tools. I find when using Linux (or open source) tools, tending to use or produce products typically main stream or has significant compatibility, versus using not well tested or used tools/code.

Comment

rogerx

For me getting into music creation is more of a journey into other mental plains of existence, more of means of exploration. It can be a huge decompression valve. I try not to take it too seriously but still try to nicely craft stuff which can be very time consuming, once it gets really stressful that's when I lay off of it. I would never really want to be a paid professional at it, I think that it would sort of ruin the enjoyment of it. It's always been an on and off thing for me but sometimes when I get into it, it's completely immersive and consuming. Kind of like a video game challenge or exploring an open world. To this day I have no idea where the stuff comes from or the origin of the desire to do it. I tend towards the sound design and soundscape spectrum. A lot of times it feels like I am fitting together some strange puzzle with bizarre pieces that make no sense and I end up making sense of it. How to win the game is being able to see the full picture of it, then I think to myself that is one bizarre scene wtf?

I really make it for myself, then share later.
      Last edited by creative; 12 October 2023, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by creative View Post
        rogerx

... How to win the game is being able to see the full picture of it, then I think to myself that is one bizarre scene wtf?

I really make it for myself, then share later.
        Become one with the noise you make...

Think as a lot of us get older, we tend migrating towards projects we enjoy spending time with, rather than fighting with actions we hate performing or learning.

Just gets worse as I get older.

Many of the projects I tackle, have some sort of mild enjoyment or enthusiasm, including sipping a hard cider in one hand and a 100 watt PA microphone in the other.

Keep having enjoying what life you have, and waste little time with those fighting for nothing but the fight!

Roger

Comment

Working...
        X