No announcement yet.

CodeWeavers Releases CrossOver 23.5 With A Focus On Boosting macOS Gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't care about games or Macs. Just give me a flawlessly running Excel 2021/Excel 365 on Linux!

Comment

Originally posted by partcyborg View Post
      Music production. If you know how to use it, logic pro is heads and shoulders above everything else
      Not even close.

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post

I agree!

Who cares about macOS other than stupid fanboys and mentally damaged people with money? Their hardware is okay, their software is pure CRAP.
        Hardware is pretty crap too. People say "it's good" until you look at the cost. Price matters, for that price you can get much better hardware.

Also ARM, yikes.

Comment

Originally posted by Calinou View Post

MacBooks still have the lead when it comes to battery life, and not having any performance degradation on battery (though battery life takes a hit during heavy loads, expectedly).
          Ssshh... this might make people realise how far behind Desktop Linux is when it comes to power management, and then we won't be getting pearls of wisdom such as the following:
          Originally posted by timofonic View Post
          Who cares about macOS other than stupid fanboys and mentally damaged people with money? Their hardware is okay, their software is pure CRAP.
          by the usual idiots.

Gotta love the sense of superiority some Desktop Linux users have, considering MacOS X has had an advantage in power management, desktop graphics, sound, and UI pretty much since the its first version (note: first version of Mac OS X, 10.0 "Cheetah", shipped with Quartz back when Desktop Linux hadn't even thought about replacing X11, not to mention how nice the Aqua UI was even then). When did Wayland reach feature parity with the Quartz shipped on MacOS X 10.0?

But this won't prevent the usual idiots from proclaiming that MacOS is bad because some CLI util isn't the latest version (which btw happened because some neckbeards thought that relicensing to GPLv3 would force Apple to play along, yeah right...). You can download newer versions of CLI utils on MacOS, you can't download MacOS's power management, desktop graphics, sound, and UI on Desktop Linux.
          Last edited by kurkosdr; 28 September 2023, 01:18 PM.

Comment

The last two versions of CrossOver broke Word's rendering of MathType equations and Visio objects, which is a showstopper for me, as I deal with many documents with such content (I am not happy about it but that's what the clients use).

Not to mention that there's still no fix for PNG files that have an embedded colour profile, which still appear with all sorts of colour distortions, making them unreadable.

Not sure how many MacOS users there are using CrossOver to justify that this breakage hasn't been fixed yet, but I hope they make up for the revenue loss if I cancel my subscription and stick with the older versions.

Comment

Originally posted by kurkosdr View Post

Ssshh... this might make people realise how far behind Desktop Linux is when it comes to power management, and then we won't be getting pearls of wisdom such as the following:

by the usual idiots.

Gotta love the sense of superiority some Desktop Linux users have, considering MacOS X has had an advantage in power management, desktop graphics, sound, and UI pretty much since the its first version (note: first version of Mac OS X, 10.0 "Cheetah", shipped with Quartz back when Desktop Linux hadn't even thought about replacing X11, not to mention how nice the Aqua UI was even then). When did Wayland reach feature parity with the Quartz shipped on MacOS X 10.0?

But this won't prevent the usual idiots from proclaiming that MacOS is bad because some CLI util isn't the latest version (which btw happened because some neckbeards thought that relicensing to GPLv3 would force Apple to play along, yeah right...). You can download newer versions of CLI utils on MacOS, you can't download MacOS's power management, desktop graphics, sound, and UI on Desktop Linux.
              I have never encountered people with as an entitled sense of superiority as Apple users. You appear to be no exception.

You ridicule the Linux posts and then proceed be just as obnoxious and tell us how utterly superior the Mac is at everything and has been since the beginning. Well, I'm sure it is to you, but you aren't everyone. I, for one, dislike the MacOS interface. Every time I use it I get annoyed. However, unlike you, I'm not going to tell you that what I use is intrinsically better than MacOS. It's just not for me.

MacOS could never have done all of the things I have done with Linux. Even if it could have, it could never have remotely matched the cost. So, just climb down from your high horse, won't you?

Comment

Working...
              X