PipeWire 1.0 Planned For Release Later This Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pharmasolin View Post

Well I use WH-1000XM5 and I enjoy LDAC codec using pipewire, I had issue with pipewire few releases ago when choosing mic from a headphones will brake HIFI codec, but it was quickly fixed in next release. I have more issues with REALTEK wifi card tho, so I ordered intel to compare if their driver will be better.
    I'm using USB audio interface with XLR microphone and USB DAC/AMP for speakers/headphones, so it is all wired for me, maybe Bluetooth is in a better shape 🤷

Comment

Didn't have any issue with Pipewire for 2+ years now. First on notebook using BT headphones and internal mic, then on PC with wired headphones and USB mic. Even my weird Chinese x86 tablet works without any issues using speakers, headphones, BT or even HDMI out.

Comment

PIPEWIRE is fundamental in wayland transition.

Comment

Originally posted by avis View Post
          Michael has ignored birdie for years now, banned him on Phoronix forums a year ago, yet he continues to follow him. That's hilarious and sad at the same time.
          Makes sense to me: Michael lets a lot of things slide here. If he's going to ban someone, he probably wants to see if that person is ruining the user experience of his site. What better way to do that than to follow the user? Meanwhile, what's the point in un-following a banned user? That's like emptying your trash when you're going to reformat your whole drive anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
            Makes sense to me: Michael lets a lot of things slide here. If he's going to ban someone, he probably wants to see if that person is ruining the user experience of his site. What better way to do that than to follow the user? Meanwhile, what's the point in un-following a banned user? That's like emptying your trash when you're going to reformat your whole drive anyway.
            There's a glaring issue with the veracity of your statement but I'll just move along.

Comment

After migrating to Pipewire about two years ago, my issues with bluetooth headset and microphone completely solved, thanks to pipewire devs.

Comment

Originally posted by nazar-pc View Post

I'm using USB audio interface with XLR microphone and USB DAC/AMP for speakers/headphones, so it is all wired for me, maybe Bluetooth is in a better shape 🤷
                Weird, I have an USB audio interface, an M-Audio 192|6 without problem.

What DAC do you have? It could be an specific problem with that DAC and Pipewire.

Comment

Originally posted by ranixon View Post

Weird, I have an USB audio interface, an M-Audio 192|6 without problem.

What DAC do you have? It could be an specific problem with that DAC and Pipewire.
                  Topping DX7 Pro DAC. Could be something specific, though it happens both to inputs (Behringer UMC22) and outputs (Topping DX7 Pro) and that is already 2/2 devices for me.
                  What are the odds that both of them are somehow "special".
                  Neither of them have issues with PulseAudio or when passed through to Windows VM.

Comment

Last I checked it was very wonky to use pipewire in a non desktop session... a sound server should just work on its own with few dependencies or at least just require them to be installed and that isn't the case.

I should be able to 1) install barebones OS no nothing, install pipewire start pipewire and have audio from the command prompt... then install a plain jane window manager / or wayland and have audio either of these suituations require a bout a day of tinkering to figure out currently from my experience.

I have pipewire on my Gentoo desktop, works great, but is a pain in the ass to configure and setup.

Comment

Originally posted by avis View Post
                      Michael has ignored birdie for years now, banned him on Phoronix forums a year ago, yet he continues to follow him. That's hilarious and sad at the same time.
                      Why do constantly suck your own dick, birdie? You asked a question and the news came in the answer. This isn't something you accomplished or did. The plan for Pipewire 1.0 to come out later this year happened without your involvement.

For those missing context, Avis is birdie. He created the Avis account on the exact day that his birdie account was banned and even referenced that he's birdie on his profile. If that wasn't enough for you, the same issues that important to Avis were important to birdie. Avis starts the exact same discussions that birdie did and frequently links to Gitlab issues posted by birdie (especially that one on the Wayland got) and never says that it's his post.

Michael made the mistake of posting one of birdie/Avis/Artem's blog posts in like 2016 and Avis's ego grew because of it.

Comment

Working...
                      X