Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 8.14 Released Following Summer Holiday

Phoronix: Wine 8.14 Released Following Summer Holiday

It's been nearly one month since Wine 8.13 was released while today marked the debut of the Wine 8.14 development milestone...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This wine version with ./configure --enable-archs=i386,x86_64 work and steam also still working in my case

however dragon dogma arisen is very heavy for recording (before screen stay with recording active aka ffmpeg quicksync) and occur similar nvenc error (in my case if gpu stay around 95% or more sound are completly desynchronized without forget fps performance have huge penalty, in my case around 15fps)

similar issue occur with samurai shodown UE4 title, curiously use video enhance according intel gpu top in my intel tests
    i dont see video enhance activated

however is impressive see how a tiny igp like uhd can run this but with before quicksync cited situation i pass to make this video gameplays maybe delay for better hardware (i think about help amd if appear apus in socket am5 with good specs)

Almost forget samurai shodown aspect ratio is 16:9 but with HxD can possible change that in game executable (searching value 39 8E E3 3F and replace for AB AA AA 3F)

Last edited by pinguinpc; 19 August 2023, 08:03 AM.

Comment

I wonder what's doing with Wine Wayland effort. It's been quite for a while. May be Collabora developers are on vacation?

Comment

They could also start to fix long standing issues with AVX 1 for 32-bit games that are crashing when it is used, it is 2023 after all. Thankfully, AVX2 is fine nowadays.

Comment

State of Wayland patches?

Comment

If we could get anti-cheat working that would be super awesome! FaceIT would be great! Especially since you really dont want these anti-cheats running on real hardware as they are of "suspect" origin. I personally refuse to run any game that uses these systems currently... but would if they could be sandbox (yes that probably defeats their purpose... but lets be honest, they dont really hold up in the real world much anyway!).

Comment

Originally posted by evasb View Post
              State of Wayland patches?
              Last patch was submitted 1.5 months ago. No more patches.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
                I wonder what's doing with Wine Wayland effort. It's been quite for a while. May be Collabora developers are on vacation?
                It's the only explanation.
                Looking through Alexandros Frantzis commit log, it's clear that he's active until the last patch.
                I guess we'll see something either next week or two weeks from now.

Comment

Originally posted by pinguinpc View Post
                  This wine version with ./configure --enable-archs=i386,x86_64 work and steam also still working in my case

however dragon dogma arisen is very heavy for recording (before screen stay with recording active aka ffmpeg quicksync) and occur similar nvenc error (in my case if gpu stay around 95% or more sound are completly desynchronized without forget fps performance have huge penalty, in my case around 15fps)

similar issue occur with samurai shodown UE4 title, curiously use video enhance according intel gpu top in my intel tests
                  i dont see video enhance activated

however is impressive see how a tiny igp like uhd can run this but with before quicksync cited situation i pass to make this video gameplays maybe delay for better hardware (i think about help amd if appear apus in socket am5 with good specs)

Hey suggestion, can you put the name of the games next to the screenshots when you post these, you sometimes post interesting looking games where I don't know what they are.

Comment

The first of the 3 games he posted is this one. A sequel was recently finally announced. I expect the sequel to become very popular (similar to Baldur's Gate 3 but maybe only half the playerbase) if they don't screw it up.
                    Set in a huge open world, Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen presents a rewarding action combat experience.

The game is a little old school but they had a lot of good things in there.

Comment

Working...
                    X