Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME Shell & Mutter 45 Betas Released

Phoronix: GNOME Shell & Mutter 45 Betas Released

The GNOME 45 Beta release is imminent and this morning the "45.beta" milestones were tagged for the GNOME Shell and Mutter components...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What about HDR?

Comment

Originally posted by MastaG View Post
      What about HDR?
      We can dream...

Comment

Any chance that Gnome 45 will be stable to be included with the next Ubuntu LTS (24.04)??
        Or does that not give enough time to be included in Ubuntu 24.04 ??

Comment

The extremely annoying window focus issue is sadly still there and is now even worse since appMenu was removed in 45. I will leave this link here in case someone with mutter development skills wants the generous bug bounty for possible fix. ;-)

Comment

I am looking forward to the new GNOME release!
            I hope it will be very exciting and that it will be great!

I hope they make it possible to run GNOME without any dependency on X or XWayland.

I hope too see some GTK 3 apps ported to GTK 4. It would be nice to see the forgotten Rhythmbox get updated to GTK 4 with Adwaita.

It would be fun if the forgotten Cheese webcam application was resurrected.

Comment

Originally posted by MastaG View Post
              What about HDR?
              How do you expect Gnome to support that before Wayland and other parts of the system don't yet?

Comment

Originally posted by castlefox View Post
                Any chance that Gnome 45 will be stable to be included with the next Ubuntu LTS (24.04)??
                Or does that not give enough time to be included in Ubuntu 24.04 ??
                You can check the GNOME 45 schedule here. If everything goes as planned, Ubuntu 23.10 should come with GNOME 44 and Ubuntu 24.04 should come with GNOME 45.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                  I am looking forward to the new GNOME release!
                  I hope it will be very exciting and that it will be great!

I hope they make it possible to run GNOME without any dependency on X or XWayland.

I hope too see some GTK 3 apps ported to GTK 4. It would be nice to see the forgotten Rhythmbox get updated to GTK 4 with Adwaita.

It would be fun if the forgotten Cheese webcam application was resurrected.
                  According to the release notes issue tracker, Cheese will be replaced by Snapshot.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilHowl View Post

You can check the GNOME 45 schedule here. If everything goes as planned, Ubuntu 23.10 should come with GNOME 44 and Ubuntu 24.04 should come with GNOME 45.
                    Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
                    X