More KDE Plasma Wayland Fixes Land, Continued Improvements For Plasma 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More KDE Plasma Wayland Fixes Land, Continued Improvements For Plasma 6

Phoronix: More KDE Plasma Wayland Fixes Land, Continued Improvements For Plasma 6

Yesterday KDE developer Nate Graham outlined the progress with the Plasma 6 desktop while out today he's out with his usual blog post that highlights the various KDE changes to have been merged over the past week...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Plasma 6 Wayland's session will hve a better cursor appearance when using fractional scaling.
    There is a typo "hve" should equal "have" right. Feel free to delete this post after fixed.

Comment

- Plasma 5.27.8 will also fix a bug where alt-tabbing through windows under Plasma Wayland will no longer go in reverse order when Caps Lock is active.
      I actually had this appear, usually after gaming when I accidentally press caps lock. Didn't realise it was not by design. I do agree it needed fixing

Comment

Plasma and Wayland and the same sentence...

Comment

- KDE Plasma 5.27.8 will have a crash fix for KWin with the Plasma Wayland session where it could crash when clicking on a window decoration tooltip.
          I've read this before, and I remember commenting something like "fix crash when you click wrong".

It looks like they have been lying about fixing bugs whole time.

... Either that or they are just simply incompetent 💀💀

Comment

Also, Roman Gilg continues to work on KWinFT

---​

Comment

If Wayland still needs so many fixes and after 20 years many users still prefer X11, can we call it a failure by design?

How did MS Windows and Apple manage to modernise there display server without the user noticing anything? Why doesn't GNU/Linux just use Android's display server? It seems to be working fine everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Malsabku View Post
                How did MS Windows and Apple manage to modernise there display server without the user noticing anything?
                If it was buggy before and afterwards, why you should notice anything special?

Comment

Originally posted by Malsabku View Post
                  If Wayland still needs so many fixes and after 20 years many users still prefer X11, can we call it a failure by design?

How did MS Windows and Apple manage to modernise there display server without the user noticing anything? Why doesn't GNU/Linux just use Android's display server? It seems to be working fine everywhere.
                  It's not a failure per se, it works just fine for stuff like smart fridges and mirrors. The issue is that nobody actually cares for either of those things, and attempting to shoehorn extensions for workstation usage in a purposefully spartan protocol has created a monstrous way for a land of fragmentation and power grabbing by those who control them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mario Junior View Post
                    Plasma and Wayland and the same sentence...
                    I have been using Plasma and Wayland two years now without "any" problems. And, you know what, I don't care why you posted that thing. Don't explain.

Comment

Working...
                    X