Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Neon Experimental Lets You Run Plasma 6 With KF6 Apps Today

Phoronix: KDE Neon Experimental Lets You Run Plasma 6 With KF6 Apps Today

With KDE Plasma 6 development going well and a beta potentially in a few months, the KDE Neon Linux distribution crew has created a new archive with the latest Plasma 6 and KDE Frameworks 6 components to help developers and enthusiasts in testing out this leading-edge open-source desktop code...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

damn that's some development speed. keep up the good work

Comment

Wow, that looks terrible! ๐Ÿ‘Ž๏ธ ๐Ÿ˜จ๏ธ

There are no borders on the windows so when one window overlaps another window there is no visual distinction where one window starts and the other one ends. ๐Ÿ˜•๏ธ
      The title bar for active and inactive windows seem to be the same so there seems to be no way to discern which window is the active one. ๐Ÿ˜•๏ธ

Comment

No contrast, no depth, no window borders, no anything that would separate windows from each other. Everything is same flat and same gray.
        Even KDE 4.0 looked better in many ways. Plasma gets visually less pleasant with every version.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post

There are no borders on the windows so when one window overlaps another window there is no visual distinction where one window starts and the other one ends. ๐Ÿ˜•๏ธ
          The title bar for active and inactive windows seem to be the same so there seems to be no way to discern which window is the active one. ๐Ÿ˜•๏ธ
          Jesse, just look at the screenshot, can anyone tell me which window is the window on top and active?๐Ÿ˜จ๏ธ

I'm downloading and going to try it in a vm. Hope it is better than the screenshot.

Comment

No contrast, no depth, no window borders, no anything that would separate windows from each other. Everything is same flat and same gray.
            Even KDE 4.0 looked better in many ways. Plasma gets visually less pleasant with every version.โ€‹
            Guys, it's a WIP. They're porting everything over still. It takes some time for everything to look good again. People rave about macOS, but the betas between macOS 9/Rhapsody and Mac OS X 10.0 were a horrible visual mess, too.

And even if it stays this way, you can change everything to your liking.

Comment

Yโ€™all gotta chill out. This isnโ€™t even beta yet. If you donโ€™t like something make it apparent to the devs. Whining about it here does nothing, despite you thinking so. Keep up the great work devs!

Comment

Originally posted by Karmux View Post
                Even KDE 4.0 looked better in many ways. Plasma gets visually less pleasant with every version.
                โ€‹To each to their own, besides KDE is known for customizing their own desktop. If every user does it is up to them (which goes back to my first point).

Comment

I wonder how it can be so difficult for many to understand the term "Experimental" or "alpha".โ€‹

Comment

Originally posted by woddy View Post
                    I wonder how it can be so difficult for many to understand the term "Experimental" or "alpha".โ€‹
                    I understand it is experimental and I hope it could be better. That's why I'm downloading a new iso and installing it to a vm, to test it myself instead of just look at the screenshot.

Comment

Working...
                    X