Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LibreOffice 7.6 RC2 Available For Last Minute Testing Of This Open-Source Office Suite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LibreOffice 7.6 RC2 Available For Last Minute Testing Of This Open-Source Office Suite

Phoronix: LibreOffice 7.6 RC2 Available For Last Minute Testing Of This Open-Source Office Suite

LibreOffice 7.6 as the next major update to this open-source office suite is due out in mud-August while today's RC2 release serves as a last chance for testing out this updated free software alternative to Microsoft Office...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Michael, please get more sleep and coffee before article...

mud-August

Comment

have they fixed the random number generator in sheets yet?

Comment

Originally posted by mSparks View Post
        have they fixed the random number generator in sheets yet?
        Can't fix something not known to be broken.

Comment

Originally posted by quikee View Post

Can't fix something not known to be broken.
          well, if they still dont know that a random number generator that returns the same result every time isnt random then I dont have much expectation for the rest of its math.

kinda a basic math 101 thing tbh.

at least when excels random number generator was broken they got that much right.
          Last edited by mSparks; 03 August 2023, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
            Michael, please get more sleep and coffee before article...
            Maybe he lives in a flood area, so after the flood it will be muddy for the rest of the month?

Comment

well, if they still dont know that a random number generator that returns the same result every time isnt random then I dont have much expectation for the rest of its math.

kinda a basic math 101 thing tbh.

at least when excels random number generator was broken they got that much right.
              We don't return the same number every time - tried it and works as expected. There are even tests that would fail if RAND() returned the same number twice. The RAND() formula function uses the "uniform_real_distribution" [1] function so you can check yourself and you can point out where the issue is. So as I said - can't fix something not known to be broken. If you have an case of RNG not working properly you'll have to report a bug and provide a reproducer.

[1] https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreof...isc/random.cxx

Comment

Originally posted by quikee View Post

We don't return the same number every time - tried it and works as expected. There are even tests that would fail if RAND() returned the same number twice. The RAND() formula function uses the "uniform_real_distribution" [1] function so you can check yourself and you can point out where the issue is. So as I said - can't fix something not known to be broken. If you have an case of RNG not working properly you'll have to report a bug and provide a reproducer.

[1] https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreof...isc/random.cxx

Well, this sample excel file definately returns the same result every time

vs the same file in Excel:

vs XKCD

Last edited by mSparks; 03 August 2023, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Still usuable as hell with the Qt5 plugin

Still no Wayland option with the Qt6 plugin

Gtk4 plugin is slower than Gtk3 plugin.

Still only uses one fucking CPU thread for everything.

Comment

Well, this sample excel file definately returns the same result every time
                    As I said - "If you have an case of RNG not working properly you'll have to report a bug and provide a reproducer.". I'm not doing QA on the Phoronix forum.

My simple "=IF(RANDBETWEEN(0;1) = 0; "tails"; "heads")" works as expected.

Comment

Working...
                    X