FreeCAD 0.21-rc Brings Improvements To This Great Open-Source CAD Solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FreeCAD 0.21-rc Brings Improvements To This Great Open-Source CAD Solution

Phoronix: FreeCAD 0.21-rc Brings Improvements To This Great Open-Source CAD Solution

FreeCAD 0.21 is nearing release as this wonderful open-source CAD solution...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Anybody there uses the 2D (“Draft” ) mode of FreeCAD?

Comment

Out today is the v0.21 release candidate that is available via
      ... via!

Comment

What I'm really looking forward to in this release is the CAMotics integration in the Path workbench

Originally posted by Nth_man View Post
        Only for creating ShapeStrings to use them in other workbenches ...

Comment

Originally posted by Nth_man View Post
          Me. It's more useful that it looks at first, since it allows to dig into a solid back down to vertices if required. If you are using STEP files, you'll need it to be able to modify them. Yet, it's very obscure to use and the ShapeString stuff is a PITA to use.

Comment

I dunno if its that Great. But its a solution nevertheless. For some. Cant really ask for AutoCAD level of polish either . Michael, really likes to stroke these projects at times . A true fanatic haha

Comment

So, how much longer until FreeCAD is as good as AutoCAD or Fusion 360? And while we're at it, how much longer until Gimp is as good as as Photoshop, and Calc is as good as Excel?

Comment

While FreeCAD certainly doesn't have all the bells and whistles of Autodesk or Solidworks, it has more than enough feature for non-professional use. It's also fairly easy to use once you get used to it. I have been using Solidworks before and I can't say there's anything I miss. I'm using it to design for 3D printing.

Comment

Originally posted by Estranged1906 View Post
                  So, how much longer until FreeCAD is as good as AutoCAD or Fusion 360? And while we're at it, how much longer until Gimp is as good as as Photoshop, and Calc is as good as Excel?
                  I use Calc instead of Excel, like hundreds of thousands of people (like 500,000 desktops of France’s ministries https://joinup.ec.europa.eu/communit...-extends-scope , using people's money for better things than filling the pockets of millionaires).

Comment

Working...
                  X