No announcement yet.

KDE Plasma 6 Making Progress On Sound Themes, Lower Cursor Latency On Wayland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I missing something with sound events? That has been the first thing I turn off. Anyone remember the internet explorer days where every click was a a sound event?

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

98 maybe, but 98 SE was the best Windows version ever.
      LOL, funniest thing I have read in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by creative View Post
        I knew someone years ago who used Caldera and had a very good version of kde that was absolutely ripping fast, Caldera croaked and so did development for a very lightweight kde along with it..
        Wow, I suspect many only know Caldera from the monster it became: SCO (and suing everyone and anyone involved with Linux). To think they could have actually been useful part of the open source community.

Comment

Originally posted by kokoko3k View Post
          Can we have a zero latency hardware cursor back please?
          No, since there can be no such thing as "zero latency". Latency cannot be eliminated, just minimized, which is what this is about.

Comment

Originally posted by You- View Post

Wow, I suspect many only know Caldera from the monster it became: SCO (and suing everyone and anyone involved with Linux). To think they could have actually been useful part of the open source community.
            Evidently Caldera was an alright thing before they got bought. I'm not familiar with the history afterwards though. What you just mentioned was not known to me until now.

Comment

Nille_kungen
              In Plasma version 5.27.6 there is a place under system settings>workspace behavior>general behavior>animation speed <<<----which is a slider. You can slide it all the way over right to instant, the Alt+F2 function for search comes up immediately.

Don't know if that helps or how different your version of KDE Plasma from what I am using but it's very snappy on this version. I'm using Xorg, don't know if you are using Wayland.
              I did try it with plasma 5.27.6 and it didn't solve any problem everything is just as it used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Nille_kungen View Post
                I did try it with plasma 5.27.6 and it didn't solve any problem everything is just as it used to be.
                My biggest issue with it is the Application menu button to click for the drop down menu, you have to be right on the money for it to drop, pretty annoying. Even in XFCE though I drag shortcuts to the desktop, on both KDE and XFCE I make or keep the panel heads up. KDE has always been off in a number of ways. Like I said the applications menu is the most annoying for me.

Mouse lag is bad too, it's like the mouse cursor is hauling a tractor trailer behind it, slowwwwww, honk honk!
                Last edited by creative; 02 August 2023, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Evidently Caldera was an alright thing before they got bought. I'm not familiar with the history afterwards though. What you just mentioned was not known to me until now.
                  Caldera was pioneering stuff for linux, and when SCO 'chucked a wobbly' at IBM, they really threw it backwards. It's worth a read, and there was a long running website detailing the legal battle (groklaw.net) as world famous at the time for its coverage.

It should re-open, as it's still an ongoing saga.​
                  Hi

Comment

Originally posted by Nille_kungen View Post
                    I really hope they fixed the alt+F2 time since it takes very long sometimes [...]
                    Today I had to boot an almost ten-years-old computer using a pendrive with Kubuntu 23.04 (to e2fsck its main partition), and Alt+F2 worked quickly every time. Anyone can try to *see it* for himself using a Kubuntu virtual machine: https://www.linuxvmimages.com/images/kubuntu-2204

Comment

Originally posted by Nth_man View Post
                      Today I had to boot an almost ten-years-old computer using a pendrive with Kubuntu 23.04 (to e2fsck its main partition), and Alt+F2 worked quickly every time. Anyone can try to *see it* for himself using a Kubuntu virtual machine: https://www.linuxvmimages.com/images/kubuntu-2204
                      It's working for me right now too. That doesn't mean it always works for me. That's why I generally don't even try and just use my xbindkeys mapping of Win+Space to gmrun.

(Well, that and it has a tendency to sometimes ignore my preference to disable all the plugins except Command Line and Applications and give me a flood of garbage results... similar to how, recently, there was an occasion where Plasma's taskbar widget was ignoring how I'd unchecked "group entries" until I manually sent it a SIGSEGV and let it auto-restart. Granted, I'm currently on Kubuntu 20.04 LTS, but, given how these random glitches have been happening since KDE 4.0, I'm not too optimistic that they'll all be magically gone when I upgrade to 24.04 LTS.)

Comment

Working...
                      X