Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inkscape 1.3 Released As Latest Open-Source Software To Compete With Adobe Illustrator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inkscape 1.3 Released As Latest Open-Source Software To Compete With Adobe Illustrator

Phoronix: Inkscape 1.3 Released As Latest Open-Source Software To Compete With Adobe Illustrator

Inkscape 1.3 is now available as the newest feature release ot this open-source software focused on being a vector graphics editor that can rival the likes of Adobe Illustrator...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Excellent!

I really like Inkscape. I'm very much a novice but it does everything I've ask for since I started using it. Although I'll admit sometimes I need to figure out the right way of defining what it is I want to do, because calling cropping "clipping" was less than obvious when I was getting started...

Comment

My biggest issue with PDF import ist Fonts. I'd like to keep the embedded fonts in Inkscape or show a dialog of missing fonts I can manually find and download. I don't want fonts to be replaced by curves or some different looking font.

Comment

Using GtkFileChooserNative will use xdg-desktop-portal if available, which on KDE means using KDE's file picker instead of the GTK one. Also this might make it easier...

still not fixed, we have to bear with GTK's ... file picker dialog.

Comment

Originally posted by Mathias View Post
          My biggest issue with PDF import ist Fonts. I'd like to keep the embedded fonts in Inkscape or show a dialog of missing fonts I can manually find and download. I don't want fonts to be replaced by curves or some different looking font.
          It looks like you just summoned this exact feature into existence, because in the release notes it says

• In this new dialog, in the 'internal import' tab, Inkscape provides an overview about what it will do with each font it finds in the PDF: convert to paths, keep original font name (even when not installed), use a substitute font, delete the text.

Comment

This 1.3 is very juicy!

Comment

Working...
            X