Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thunderbird 115 Now Available & It Looks Fantastic

Phoronix: Thunderbird 115 Now Available & It Looks Fantastic

As a devoted Thunderbird mail client user for the past nearly twenty years since its first release, I'm elated today by the release of Thunderbird 115...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I switched to evolution years ago, don't remember the exact reason, after being a Thunderbird fan in Windows for years.
    Didn't regret the decision.

Comment

Yes, this is pretty exciting. I also cannot wait for K-9 Mail to become Thunderbird.

Comment

I too have been using TB since before it was called TB. Hell, I moved from Eudora to Seamonkey to TB. When they laid a lot of folks off a decade ago, TB almost died (https://www.cnet.com/tech/services-a...-life-support/)! It was left to fester for many, many years before some folks revived it. It's been improved a lot since the 102 release and is hella faster now that there's at least some team resources that have been dedicated to improving it. I use portable TB all the time and it's a life saver for me. And as a Mozilla volunteer of 14+ years, I've had a small part in helping improve it for you users over the years.

Comment

Thunderbird really has no alternatives. What client allows you to migrate your profile folder between Windows-Mac-Linux for 10+ years? Maybe there are better clients but none that are crossplatform and with optimal feature set.

Comment

Been using Thunderbird for 6+ years and love it. I started using it on Windows and then when I moved my workstation over to Linux, it was the logical choice. I switched from Outlook because at one point, Outlook kept corrupting the .pst files which would hose my searches, and after a year of no solutions, I just threw up my hands and switched.

Now I just hope someone can figure out to get either gContactSync or something else working because not keeping my contacts current between my phone and workstation can be a pain the arse.

Comment

How do I get the old UI?

Comment

Beautiful? Where? It looks like any run-off-the-mill web "app". A desperate attempt at staying relevant by trying to look hip.

Thunderbird is a walking corpse, so is Mozilla and its corporation.

Comment

Thunderbird may be a corpse but it is still from my experience the most functional e-mail client on the desktop

Comment

If I wanted a tablet-style three-column UI, I'd have gone looking for one. If there isn't an option to turn it off, I'll be looking into the suitability of things like Claws Mail and TinyTinyRSS.

Comment

Working...
                    X