Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE Plasma Fixes A "Major Performance Issue" Seen With Intel Graphics On Wayland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Plasma Fixes A "Major Performance Issue" Seen With Intel Graphics On Wayland

Phoronix: KDE Plasma Fixes A "Major Performance Issue" Seen With Intel Graphics On Wayland

KDE developers finished out June on a high note with many features and new fixes landing for Plasma 6.0 development as well as refinements for later Plasma 5.27 point releases...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Regarding the Wayland fix, just skimmed through the MR, now it uses a cache for some framebuffer stuff instead of doing a roundtrip of getting the same thing from VRAM over and over again.

From the comments, it seems that the fix should improve the smoothness of Wayland sessions

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post
      Regarding the Wayland fix, just skimmed through the MR, now it uses a cache for some framebuffer stuff instead of doing a roundtrip of getting the same thing from VRAM over and over again.

From the comments, it seems that the fix should improve the smoothness of Wayland sessions
      Interesting, I thought on Intel graphics VRAM is just the same as normal RAM.

Comment

Michael

Slight Typo:

More details on the kDE changes this week via Nate's blog.​

Comment

Originally posted by archkde View Post

Interesting, I thought on Intel graphics VRAM is just the same as normal RAM.
          Could be a fix for Arc video cards?

Comment

Working...
          X