GTK & Blender Are The Latest Software Supporting Wayland Fractional Scaling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTK & Blender Are The Latest Software Supporting Wayland Fractional Scaling

Phoronix: GTK & Blender Are The Latest Software Supporting Wayland Fractional Scaling

The Blender open-source 3D modeling software as well as the GTK toolkit are the latest open-source projects this week ironing out support for Wayland's fractional scaling protocol...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It's april fools Michael! Tell us a joke!

Comment

So I assume GTK4 will switch from relying on the compositor to do the down scaling to doing the same thing internally?

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post
        I imagine Michael gets hired by Valve for the automated benchmark systems. How that's an April joke? Well it's a big deal.. (to be hired by Valve in general), played as a joke just like Blizzard did that one April fools, the new race the wisps.

Comment

Originally posted by billyswong View Post
          So I assume GTK4 will switch from relying on the compositor to do the down scaling to doing the same thing internally?
          I guess this will need to wait for GTK5 as it would require API break and GTK is not supposed to have API breaks in major release after GTK 4.

Comment

To get actual stuff that is true on April 1st.

Comment

Originally posted by billyswong View Post
              No. Read the PR linked. This is only small part of the work. There are other parts including this PR

Comment

2024 is the year of Linux desktop.

Omg, I just realized I'm old.

Comment

No, the year of the "Linux Desktop" was a few years ago when ChromeOS and Chromebooks took over the education market from Apple, at least here in the United States. One desktop UI metaphor, not a dozen. One containerized, performant app system and package manager, not 10., One sane and performant VM that also runs Android apps. And the ability to run Linux apps and even other Linux distros, albeit with some technical know-how but not above any Linux user with some knowledge of a command line utility.

The joke? The "Year of Desktop Linux" AND "The Year of Mobile Linux" was brought to us by Google. The largest most insidious consumer spy agency the world has ever seen.

Sigh....Open Source had such promise.

Comment

Are you implying the article is a joke? Because I think it is legit news.

Comment

Working...
                    X