KDE Ends Out March With More Fixes - Including More Plasma Wayland Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Ends Out March With More Fixes - Including More Plasma Wayland Work

Phoronix: KDE Ends Out March With More Fixes - Including More Plasma Wayland Work

The KDE developers ended March on a high note with more fixes, continued porting around Qt 6, and also taking care of more Plasma Wayland issues...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I would normally hark on how funny it is that every piece of news about KDE is "Wayland fixes". But with Valve backing KDE for a good release and a good reason to actually make quality improvement makes me want to switch to KDE.

It might be stressing having Valve breathing down your neck (regardless of how friendly Valve is), but it sure gives you some respect working for them (with quality and all that).

Comment

Skanpage is an interesting scanner program. Comparing it with simple scan, I note that the file PDF in grey scale has a greater file size.

Comment

Originally posted by Sethox View Post
        I would normally hark on how funny it is that every piece of news about KDE is "Wayland fixes". But with Valve backing KDE for a good release and a good reason to actually make quality improvement makes me want to switch to KDE.
        It seems like it's a full shit show. It's hard to imagine how there can be a constant stream of Wayland fixes for years in a row.

Comment

When browsing files on Android devices using the MTP protocol, it's now possible to modify files on the device.
          So still no proper FUSE-based access? It's annoying still having to rely on GVFS to allow me to sync my music collection using rsync.

Comment

Originally posted by MorrisS. View Post
            Skanpage is an interesting scanner program. Comparing it with simple scan, I note that the file PDF in grey scale has a greater file size.
            Did you set the same resolution and compression in both applications? They may have different defaults.

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post

It seems like it's a full shit show. It's hard to imagine how there can be a constant stream of Wayland fixes for years in a row.
              it isn't, all the time I hear people whining about how niche bugs being fixed is somehow bad and I have been using KDE wayland without issues for over a year now, multi monitor, mixed refresh rate and VRR capability and all

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post
                Then what do you make of X11, which for practically 30 years still gets new vulnerabilities?

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                  Then what do you make of X11, which for practically 30 years still gets new vulnerabilities?
                  It's a shame that you had to turn commentary about KDE into yet another flame war for X.org/X11 and Wayland.

Comment

Originally posted by Sethox View Post
                    I would normally hark on how funny it is that every piece of news about KDE is "Wayland fixes".
                    What seems to be the elephant in the living room, is why is KDE avoiding the use of wlroots?

Comment

Working...
                    X