Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hangover 0.8.3 Released For Enjoying Windows x86/x86_64 Apps/Games On Linux ARM64

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hangover 0.8.3 Released For Enjoying Windows x86/x86_64 Apps/Games On Linux ARM64

Phoronix: Hangover 0.8.3 Released For Enjoying Windows x86/x86_64 Apps/Games On Linux ARM64

Hangover 0.8.3 is now available as the newest version for this open-source project started by several Wine developers to ease the pathway for running Windows x86/x86_64 games and applications on Linux under AArch64 (64-bit Arm) as well as other possible architectures like POWER9 and RISC-V...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    for enjoying Windows apps/games more easily on 4-bit Arm.
    If for Windows users x86 means 32-bit, and amd64 means 64-bit, then makes sense for ARM to be 4-bit?​

Comment

Originally posted by Nozo View Post
      If for Windows users x86 means 32-bit, and amd64 means 64-bit, then makes sense for ARM to be 4-bit?​
      Thanks
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I wonder if Valve have any plans to make this work on Apple hardware under OSX

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
          I don't think so. Apple silicon Macs do not support Vulkan and the Mac user market is not that big and focused on gaming to be worth all the hassle just to make it possible to run Windows games on modern Macs.

Making Linux on ARM running PC games is a great opportunity though, because it could possibly make them able to make more powerful and energy efficient consoles in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by bple2137 View Post
            I don't think so. Apple silicon Macs do not support Vulkan and the Mac user market is not that big and focused on gaming to be worth all the hassle just to make it possible to run Windows games on modern Macs.
            Your point is invalid. MoltenVK is how you use Vulkan on MacOS.
            Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wine included that support in 2018. Yes Opengl support on MacOS is also Zink that is opengl on Vulkan and in 2022 patches so Zink works on MacOS landed.

Most likely by the time Hangover is ready all the parts will be there to make a Proton for MacOS using it. This will basically come down to Valve will at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
              Crossover / the Wine builds by Gcenx derived from its GPL source code already work great under Rosetta2 - including 32 bit windows programs.
              There's still some edge cases (no DXVK for 32 bit games means horrible performance for some older titles), but the recent WoW64 work in upstream Wine should help with that.

Wineskin. Contribute to Gcenx/WineskinServer development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

Working...
              X