Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wine-Staging 8.2 Brings Support For Native ODBC Drivers Plus Fixes A 15 Year Old Bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine-Staging 8.2 Brings Support For Native ODBC Drivers Plus Fixes A 15 Year Old Bug

Phoronix: Wine-Staging 8.2 Brings Support For Native ODBC Drivers Plus Fixes A 15 Year Old Bug

Following Friday's release of Wine 8.2, Wine-Staging 8.2 is now available that ships with more than 530 patches atop the upstream Wine code-base to provide various experimental/testing features...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

If the new ODBC excites you and want to use database software on Windows or Wine then HeidiSQL might be for you!

Comment

That's great!
      I loved the Rise of Nations and Batman games.

Comment

Oof, music is especially important in Rise of Nations, with its great soundtrack. E.g. Across the Bog

Comment

Oh man RoN is probably the best overall RTS ever made! I remember trying to get this working on Linux years ago... glad its still getting support, really need to try it again!

Comment

And now in staging 8.2 appear new tab related input

and as bonus yeah them dont lie, audio works in both old rise of nations and rise of nations extended edition

Last edited by pinguinpc; 19 February 2023, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Wow, I like this game!

Last time I checked it with wine (3 years ago iirc), music was disappearing after pause in extended edition. But I had the same problem on Windows, so I considered this a game bug. If now it works flawlessly, then... wow...

Comment

Originally posted by Ermine View Post
                Wow, I like this game!

Last time I checked it with wine (3 years ago iirc), music was disappearing after pause in extended edition. But I had the same problem on Windows, so I considered this a game bug. If now it works flawlessly, then... wow...
                In my case pause and restore, sound remains without troubles

Comment

Working...
                X