Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mozo View Post
    The can't release a LTS version with serious bug like this:

But they will and that's exactly the problem...
    "Sorry guys, we can't release 5.27 LTS. There is a bug. See you in Plasma 6. Have a good time."

Happy?

Comment

Originally posted by Berniyh View Post
      Happy?
      No one should release a LTS with such ridiculous bug! They even didn't try to fix it. It's the only DE with such silly problem.

Comment

No one should release a LTS with such ridiculous bug! They even didn't try to fix it. It's the only DE with such silly problem.
        Looking at the bug report, it's not yet clear what exactly the problem or rather where the bug comes from. Fixing it is then pretty hard to do.
        Also, I don't see that personally, so it doesn't occur on every system. Might have to do with the fonts you pick (mine are definitely different from yours).

Also, looking at the pictures, it doesn't occur to me as such a big deal. There are definitely more severe bugs out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Berniyh View Post
          Looking at the bug report, it's not yet clear what exactly the problem or rather where the bug comes from. Fixing it is then pretty hard to do.
          Also, I don't see that personally, so it doesn't occur on every system. Might have to do with the fonts you pick (mine are definitely different from yours).

Also, looking at the pictures, it doesn't occur to me as such a big deal. There are definitely more severe bugs out there.
          To not be able to control sub-pixel rendering​ is a very serious problem. And it's a big deal.

Comment

A very serious problem is if you login and kwin crashes right away, meaning that it's completely unusable. This does not come even close to that.

Don't get me wrong. It's a bug that should be fixed, but first they need to figure out why it happens.

Comment

Yes, but it hurts my eyes the whole day every day.

Comment

Maybe I'm just old and/or need new glasses, but I can't tell the difference even when you point it out in your images. That's not a show stopper bug. Is it a bug? Sure, but to claim it's a "ridiculous" bug that should hold up a LTS release is a little much. I'm sorry if it gives you a headache or whatever, but a "ridiculous" bug is more like "if you install this at 2am on a Tuesday in Iceland it formats your drive".

Comment

Originally posted by rhavenn View Post

Maybe I'm just old and/or need new glasses, but I can't tell the difference even when you point it out in your images. That's not a show stopper bug. Is it a bug? Sure, but to claim it's a "ridiculous" bug that should hold up a LTS release is a little much. I'm sorry if it gives you a headache or whatever, but a "ridiculous" bug is more like "if you install this at 2am on a Tuesday in Iceland it formats your drive".
                  I can see it and what's more - it irritates my eyes. There's no DE in the world where you can't control sub-pixel rendering.

Comment

Working...
                  X