Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTK5 Development Likely To Heat Up Following GTK 4.12

Phoronix: GTK5 Development Likely To Heat Up Following GTK 4.12

A new GTK blog post summarized a recent meet-up of GTK core developers for better sorting out active GTK4 work as well as some planning toward GTK5...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Cool, another incompatible Gtk variant few will be using, ... :-/

Comment

Originally posted by rene View Post
      I guess that those still trying to prove Wayland is feasible will no doubt need to be pulled along by it to make up for facilities lacking in their display system.

Those of us who are more practical are still perfectly happy with Gtk2.

Comment

No difference to Qt.

Comment

Originally posted by Hibbelharry View Post

No difference to Qt.
          Now that makes it so much better! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

That's nothing - as a Google Ultra Plus Insider, I've been using Gtk 110.0.548177. It's so super secure that it's only had 36 zero-day exploits in the past 4 years. I feel sorry for you plebes.

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post

I guess that those still trying to prove Wayland is feasible will no doubt need to be pulled along by it to make up for facilities lacking in their display system.
              This is more of an issue of X11 and its only surviving implementation being hardly feasible in 2023. Even just its obvious design issues are unacceptable for anyone, even Windows users, beside that toolkits trying to keep working with it have to deal with its bugs-build-on-bugs-build-on-bugs nature.
              You are welcome to come up with something better then Wayland, but you will just make another Wayland, I can assure you.

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post
              Those of us who are more practical are still perfectly happy with Gtk2.
              You would be happy with Windows 2000 then too. Thats nice for you, the rest of the world, even Grandma and Grandpa have higher expectations now.

Comment

I just think it's funny that the basis of the G in GTK still isn't on version 3 and these dudes are already planning on version 5.

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
                  That's nothing - as a Google Ultra Plus Insider, I've been using Gtk 110.0.548177. It's so super secure that it's only had 36 zero-day exploits in the past 4 years. I feel sorry for you plebes.
                  This thread is not about crApple and macos peasants.

Comment

Moving from GTK2 to GTK3 was probably the biggest pain. Transition from GTK3 upwards should be much easier.

Comment

Working...
                    X